- Even though some people were against circumnavigating.
- Although, there were some opposed to the idea and felt circumnavigation should be a family choice.
- For those of you who believe circumnavigation is okay.
- Yep, he was the first big winner in "The Amazing Race."
In 1828 In Amsterdam, Casparus van Wooden patented chocolate milk powder.
- Of course, the biggest question: why?
- A guy named Nestle said, "That was quick!" and the rest was history.
- You'd think with an invention like that, he would have been a lot more famous.
- The tough part was getting the cows to give powdered milk.
It was on this date in 1850 that Los Angeles incorporated as a city. Of course, back then, things were different: the streets were dangerous, most people carried guns, most people spoke in Spanish and the fastest people traveled was like 5 miles an hour... huh, it hasn't changed!
On this date in 1877, the very first private telephone was installed in a home in Boston.
- It was a great time to have a phone -- telemarketers hadn't been invented yet.
- It rang. At the other end, a New York governor was asking, "Is Bubbles there?"
- And less than 20 minutes later, a telemarketer called!
Jamie Lynn Spears turns 27 today. The good thing about having Britney as your older sister, you're always considered the normal one.
Illusionist David Blaine is working on the illusion of looking younger than 45 today. He's about to embark on his greatest feat ever -- making the prime of his life disappear, right before your very eyes. He's going to spend the day trying to figure out how to escape turning 45.
Nancy McKeon, who played Jo in "The Facts of Life," celebrates her 52nd birthday today. Nothing like observing the birthday of a show and actress you barely remember who doesn't look anything like she used to look. I'm officially declaring this the last time we bring her up, until next year.
Robert Downey Jr. is celebrating his 53rd birthday today. Somehow... He plans a quiet night at home, probably just doing a little laundry and then iron, man.
David Cross, who played Tobias on "Arrested Development" turns 54 today. If you didn't know, he's married to actress Amber Tamblyn.
Craig T. Nelson turns 74 today. Coach has one more Incredibles movie in him, coming out soon. I can't think of the name of that TV series he used to be in... but he co-starred in "Blades of Glory" and played the coach.
Kitty Kelley turns 76 today. She's written many tell-all books about famous folks, including Frank Sinatra and Nancy Reagan. You can look them up after you look up Kitty Kelley.