- Long-time overnight radio host Art Bell died last week on, yes, Friday the 13th. He was 72.
- Harry Anderson, the star of the hit NBC series "Night Court" that ran from 1984 to 1992, died yesterday. He was 65.
- CBS News accidentally published Barbara Bush's obituary Sunday on their website. It was yanked off after a couple of hours.
- The Coachella audience enjoyed a treat-Beyonce reuniting with Destiny's Child. 90-minutes into her two-hour set Saturday night, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams came out on stage for the reunion and to perform "Lose My Breath," "Say My Name" and "Soldier."
- R. Lee Ermey, famous for his portrayal of Gunnery Sgt. Hartman in the 1987 film Full Metal Jacket, has died at age 74.
- Starbucks is opening its first store in Uruguay.
- One of the world's top Donkey Kong players has been stripped of his records for cheating.
- H-and-M is reportedly struggling to deal with over $4 billion in unsold merchandise.
- A woman was recently arrested at New York's Kennedy Airport for attempting to smuggle $110,000 worth of cocaine, hidden inside bottles of Bailey's Irish Cream.
- Over the weekend, John Stamos and his wife Caitlin McHugh welcomed their first child together. A boy, Billy Stamos. If you're keeping score at home, John's 54, Caitlin's 32.
- A woman declined to sing the National Anthem at a minor league baseball game in Nevada because she couldn't wear her gun.
- Huey Lewis says he can't sing anymore as he has lost most of his hearing from Meniere's Disease.
- Oakland catcher Bruce Maxwell who knelt during the National Anthem has been arrested on gun charges.
- A menu for the first meal served on the Titanic is going to be auctioned off.
- Now there's a Taylor Swift fan who says he robbed a bank to impress her.
- Patrick Reed was seen wearing his green jacket from the Masters at a Chick-fil-A.
- An ex-security guard for the Church of Scientology is telling tales -- including the claim that John Travolta and Tom Cruise are major rivals within the religion and can't stand each other.
- John Cena and Nicki Bella have called off their wedding just weeks before the ceremony.
- Brick oven pizza chain Bertucci's filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection late Sunday.
- An Apple memo warning employees about leaking information was leaked.
- Will Ferrell says he's unhurt and very grateful to be after last week's car accident.
- Mariah Carey is being sued by her former manager for alleged civil rights violations.
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...