- Steven Spielberg is the first director to have movies that have earned over $10 billion at the box office.
- Former first lady Barbara Bush, one of only two women in American history to have been both the wife and the mother of a U.S. president, died in her home in Houston on Tuesday at the age of 92.
- A Colorado man arrested outside of Taylor Swift's Beverly Hills home last Saturday was wearing a mask and rubber gloves, had a knife, rope and ammunition, and told police he had driven from his Colorado home to see the singer who was not there at the time.
- James Comey's interview on ABC News brought in an average of 9.8 million viewers, making it the network's biggest interview since Diane Sawyer's 2015 sitdown with Caitlyn Jenner.
- Kanye West has returned to Twitter, in case you missed him.
- Harry Anderson, who played Judge Stone in the old "Night Court" series, died Monday. He was 65. Back in the "Night Court" days, he used to live up in Fall City, Washington, and commute to Hollywood to shoot the episodes of his show. He was a member of the Fall City Volunteer Fire Department.
- Khloe Kardashian has named her baby True Thompson.
- Air Canada is going to introduce lie-back seats in business class for some of their longer, coast-to-coast flights.
- Netflix says they're done with price hikes... for now.
- Elon Musk's Boring Company (that's the actual name) has raised $113 million to dig tunnels around the country.
- North and South Korea are planning to make a stunning announcement at their leaders' summit next week -- a permanent end to the 68-year state of war between them.
- Banking heir Matthew Melon died while attending a rehab facility in Cancun, Mexico. He was 53.
- Recent Parks Associates research shows that smart thermostat ownership has more than doubled in recent years, from 5% in 2014 to 13% in 2017.
- Eva Longoria got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this week.
- The Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman divorce rumor is swirling around again.
- Included in the displays at an Amsterdam Funeral Industry show was an actual suicide machine.
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...