- The U.K. has announced a ban on all plastic cotton buds (Q-tips), straws and drink stirrers.
- Charlize Theron put on 50 pounds for the role in her latest movie, "Tully."
- A California State University/Fresno professor ranted about Barbara Bush being an "amazing racist." It's looking as though Randa Jarrar could soon be a former English professor.
- Erin Popovich, the wife of San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, passed away on Wednesday.
- An image from that Southwest Airlines incident this past week shows that a a majority of passengers had their emergency oxygen masks on wrong. Since you don't pay attention to the video, the mask is supposed to go over your mouth AND nose... .not just your mouth.
- Trump lawyer Michael Cohen has dropped his suit against BuzzFeed. Cohen had sued BuzzFeed for publishing the so-called Steele dossier about President Trump and Russia.
- Karen McDougal, the former Playboy model, has been given the legal go-ahead to tell her story about an alleged affair with Donald Trump.
- Amazon now has 100 million Prime members.
- From the department of irony, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar has been hospitalized twice over the past week for diverticulitis.
- Yesterday marked the 25th anniversary of the deadly siege at the apocalyptic Branch Davidian religious sect outside Waco, Texas.
- In Louisiana, a woman came home to find a stranger, naked, taking a bath in her bathtub while eating her Cheetos.
- The NFL announced their full schedule for fall yesterday.
- They did a study on the swearing habits of Americans. The average person makes it until 10:54am before uttering their first curse word. One in four Americans can't make it past 9am without swearing. Hell, yes.
- CBS has announced 11 shows have been renewed for another season: Blue Bloods, Bull, Hawaii Five-0, Madam Secretary, MacGyver, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans, Survivor, The Amazing Race, 48 Hours and 60 Minutes.
- A missing German submarine said to have taken the defeated Nazi leadership to South America has been discovered after being lost at sea for nearly 73 years. It was found just off the coast of Denmark.
- Queen Elizabeth, who turns 92 on Saturday, has reportedly been "hit hard" by the loss of her corgi, Willow, 14, who was the last in a line that was descended from her original corgi Susan.
- The NRA is lashing out at Dick's Sporting Goods for destroying unsold firearms.
- Chipotle may start offering breakfast burritos.
- L.A. Fitness is having their own P.R. nightmare, after two black men were kicked out of one of their gyms Monday night. Three employees have since been fired.
- Starting May 1, you'll need a note from your doctor to bring your "emotional support animal" on board your Alaska Airlines flight.
- The Obamas are having a swimming pool installed at their Washington, DC, home.
Friday, April 20, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...