- The very first American minimum wage was 25 cents an hour. (Yes!)
- A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top. (Yes)
- Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine. (Yes)
- One 75 watt light bulb gives off more light than three 25 watt bulbs. (Yes!)
- Ice is actually harder than concrete. (B.S., actually, concrete and ice are the same when it comes to hardness. If you dropped a 5-pound block of ice on someone's head it would have about the same effect as dropping a 5-pound block of concrete on them.)
- In ice skating competitions, there are 48 different types of figure eights possible. (Yes! Who knew? And how can you tell?)
- While not everyone can, it is possible to sneeze with your eyes open. (B.S. - nobody can do it)
- Human birth control pills work on gorillas. (Yes)
- Cap'n Crunch's full name is Horatio Magellan Crunch. (Yes)
- Almost" is the longest word in English with all the letters in alphabetical order. (Yes)
- No woman has ever ridden a horse in the Kentucky Derby. (B.S., actually several have. Diane Crump was the first on May 2, 1970)
- If you nod your head back and forth in Greece, it means no. (Yes! It means yes everywhere else except Bulgaria where it also means no. Stupid Greeks! Stupid Bulgarians!)
- The maximum amount of times you can repeatedly fold a piece of paper in half is 9. (B.S. - Nope - you'll never get past 7 times)
- 30,000 cows lose their lives every year just to supply the NFL with footballs. (B.S.! Actually it's only like 3 thousand)
- Fredric Baur, who invented the iconic "Pringles" can, had his ashes buried in one after he died. (Yes)
- The Pilgrims refused to eat lobster because they thought they were really giant insects. (Yes)
- One of America's great patriots may not have been so great when it comes to those old fashioned family values. Among his other accomplishments, Benjamin Franklin had 24 illegitimate children. (Yes)
- Kentucky has more outhouses than any other state. (B.S., it's Alaska)
- England's Queen Victoria used to smoke marijuana to relieve her menstrual cramps. (Yes)
- John Kennedy was the sickest president in history. During his lifetime he contracted more than 30 major diseases including German measles, malaria, diphtheria and a spastic colon! (Yes)
- "Debbie Does Dallas" is the most successful X-rated film in history. (B.S., "Midnight Cowboy" with Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight did much better including winning the Best Picture Oscar. While it may seem tame by today's standards, back in 1968 when it was released, it was rated X!)
- In the 60's genetic scientists actually created straight bananas but they failed because the public refused to buy them. (Yes)
- A single sheet of rice paper contains as much as one cup of rice. (B.S., actually there's no rice in rice paper!)
Monday, May 21, 2018
Is It Fake News - YES OR B.S.
at May 21, 2018
If you have blue eyes, you may want to be wary of beer, wine and cocktails. Genetic researchers at the University of Vermont say that people...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...