- They didn't protest all the time. It was mostly in waves.
- These days, that sounds like a presidential election.
- Fortunately, the surfers just rode the wave out.
- They were either very prudish or "hang 10" had a completely different meaning back then.
In 1829, a foot of hail fell on Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Afterwards, the tusc were even loosa.
On this date in 1878, the U.S. mint quit producing a 20-cent piece.
- Some of the Temperance League supporters didn't like it when you were referring to them as a fifth of a dollar.
- It practically destroyed the career of the first pioneer rapper, 20 Cent.
- From that day forward, when someone asked if you had "change for a 20?", you knew they were talking dollars.
- Of course, getting rid of it made it a lot harder to get change for an 80-cent piece.
- Being a fifth of a dollar, there was too much confusion when panhandlers would ask, "Can you spare a fifth?"
In 1885, the very first issue of Good Housekeeping was published. Actually, back then, it was "Good Cabin Keeping."
On this date in 1945, the FCC approved regularly scheduled TV programming. Up until then, when they wanted to interrupt the regularly scheduled program, they had nothing.
In 1946, the movie "The Postman Always Rings Twice" opened in theaters. It was the much more popular sequel to the movie, "The Postman Sometimes Rings Once."
Time to get out there and hit the After May Day Sales. I mean, any time you can get 50% off mace, why wouldn't ya?
Singer Lily Allen turns 33 today. Her actual full name: Lily Rose Beatrice Cooper. She had four first names to work with. I wonder why she threw in Allen?
David Beckham is 43. I'll give you a moment...
- Yeah, surprised it's not a holiday, too.
- I'm so tired of being mistaken for him.
- He's an amazing soccer player. In fact, his wife, Victoria is really about the only one who can keep him from scoring.
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson turns 46 today. What is this? Hunk birthday day?
- He's never heard the phrase, "As dumb as a rock." I wouldn't to be the first to tell him.
- Imagine finding him in your shoe.
- Not many people know my nickname is also "The Rock." Unfortunately, because of my arteries.
Lou Gramm of Foreigner turns 68 today. He tends to sing more solo these days. As you know, it's tough being a Foreigner.
- With President Trump wanting to keep out Foreigners, it's a good thing they became popular in the 80s.
- He's pretty much Foreigner, which is why Trump wants to build a wall around him and make him pay for it.
- Hot Blooded, yes, but only while sitting in front of a fire.
- He used to sing "Waiting For a Girl Like You" at concerts, now he belts it out for his nurse.
Englebert Humperdinck turns 82. In his day, he was quite the heart throb. Now he's just trying to keep his own heart throbbing.