- A nationwide survey by the health insurer Cigna found that Americans are a lonely bunch of people, with nearly 50 percent of respondents reporting that they feel alone or left out always or sometimes. Even more surprising, the young, not the elderly, were the most lonely.
- Bonnie Raitt has canceled her upcoming concert tour with James Taylor due to health issues. That's as much as they're saying.
- Archeologists have uncovered what they believe is the ancient city of King David.
- John McCain's book, "The Restless Wave" is going to contain his unbridled thoughts. He says that stage 4 brain cancer frees him up to say anything he wants to.
- Subway says they're going to close 500 stores this year.
- Looks like Guns 'N Roses is getting back together for another concert tour, this time in the U.K. This one to be called, "Appetite for Destruction" -- which is also the title of their debut studio album.
- The second season of "13 Reasons Why" hits Netflix on May 18.
- Ashley Judd is suing disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, alleging defamation, sexual harassment and an effort to damage her career.
- The Gibson Guitar company has filed for bankruptcy.
- His Royal Highness Prince Louis Arthur Charles of Cambridge now has an official birth certificate. His parents' professions were listed as: "Prince of the United Kingdom" and "Princess of the United Kingdom."
- We're hearing now that when Avicii committed suicide last month, he did it using a broken wine bottle. Enough said.
- SNL's Aidy Bryant married comedy writer, Conner O'Malley, over the weekend at the Wythe Hotel in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
- The Tony Awards nominations were announced yesterday and among the names you'll recognize that received nominations: Amy Schumer, Denzel Washington, Michael Cera and Nathan Lane.
- Up in Vancouver, BC, the price of gas is approaching $8 a gallon.
- Caitlyn Jenner had been saying that she and 21-year-old transgender student Sophia Hutchins were just good friends. Now, Jenner has announced they're getting married. An age difference of 47 years, if you're counting.
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 02, 2018
Of Course Abe Lincoln Owned This Hat! Sure He Did! It could be a $6.5 million hat- or not. It seems the crown jewel of the Abraham Lincoln...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...