- Rose McGowan says she's leaving the "Hollywood bubble" behind. She's giving up acting and becoming a full-time activist.
- April was the coldest it's been in 20 years across the U.S.
- "Black Panther" was a big winner for Disney, but not "A Wrinkle in Time." That film lost the studio $100 million.
- A Picasso nude painting "Young Girl with a Flower Basket" sold at an auction Tuesday for $115 million.
- For the record, Chris Pratt was paid $2 million more than Bryce Dallas Howard for doing the movie, "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom."
- The first wax statue of Madam Tussauds has been unveiled.
- Free agent quarterback Johnny Manziel was hospitalized and released in Texas for what he they're calling a reaction to one of his prescription drugs.
- Sky News is planning to ID celebrities at the upcoming Royal Wedding using AI.
- 28% of U.S. broadband households are very familiar with Amazon Alexa, which leads all surveyed smart home platforms reports Parks Associates.
- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino from "Jersey Shore" says he is celebrating 28 months of sobriety.
- A pair of twins born in Utah on May 4th, Star Wars Day were named Rowan Luke and Kai Leia after the movie's characters.
- A man nicknamed "Captain Jack Sparrow" was arrested in Knoxville for huffing glue and resisting arrest.
- Ticketmaster says they could one day replace tickets with facial recognition.
- The Mormon church says it will sever all ties with the Boy Scouts of America at the end of next year and place its remaining 425,000 boys into a gospel-focused youth program it is developing.
- Katy Perry sent an olive branch and a sweet letter to Taylor Swift as Taylor launched her new tour. Apparently, their bad blood is now behind them.
- Last Friday, a man in Wisconsin broke a world record by eating his 30,000th Big Mac.
Thursday, May 10, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 10, 2018
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...