- The rate of a certain type of brain tumor has doubled over the past two decades and some researchers are pointing at the use of cell phones as the cause.
- Hawaii lawmakers have passed a bill that bans the sale of sunscreens containing chemicals believed to be harmful to coral reefs.
- A professional bowler who had a bit part in a Kevin Hart movie was charged with attempted extortion of the comedian. The guy was asking for money to make a video he took of Hart and a woman other than his wife, go away.
- After 29 years of marriage, Paulina Porizkova and Ric Ocasek have separated.
- Yale is the latest university to yank the honorary degree they once gave Bill Cosby. That's the first time that's happened since the school was founded in 1701.
- Former "Law & Order: SVU" actress Diane Neal is running for congress in upstate New York.
- Elon Musk says he plans to announce the location for a new Tesla SUV factory by the end of the year.
- A postcard believed to have been sent by infamous serial killer Jack the Ripper has just sold at auction for $30,000.
- The Natural History Museum in England has disqualified a participant in its Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition after determining that a photograph he submitted was staged using a stuffed anteater.
- Hulu has now passed 20 million subscribers.
- A man convicted of stalking Sandra Bullock has killed himself after a police standoff.
- While Roseanne Barr doesn't mind telling the world she's a Trump supporter, her ex-husband Tom Arnold is going to start in an anti-Trump documentary series, "The Hunt for the Trump Tapes With Tom Arnold."
- In the aftermath of that Facebook data controversy, Cambridge Analytica has closed their doors.
- The Seattle Mariners announced yesterday that Ichiro Suzuki has played his last major league baseball game and is moving into the M's front office.
- In Scotland, a woman is battling a rare disorder that causes her to throw up at least 30 times a day.
- A journalist who once enjoyed 15-minutes of fame for throwing his shoe at President George W. Bush is running for president in Iraq.
- United Airlines has banned 50 types of dogs and cats from flights after several animal-related incidents.
Friday, May 4, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 04, 2018
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...