- The rate of a certain type of brain tumor has doubled over the past two decades and some researchers are pointing at the use of cell phones as the cause.
- Hawaii lawmakers have passed a bill that bans the sale of sunscreens containing chemicals believed to be harmful to coral reefs.
- A professional bowler who had a bit part in a Kevin Hart movie was charged with attempted extortion of the comedian. The guy was asking for money to make a video he took of Hart and a woman other than his wife, go away.
- After 29 years of marriage, Paulina Porizkova and Ric Ocasek have separated.
- Yale is the latest university to yank the honorary degree they once gave Bill Cosby. That's the first time that's happened since the school was founded in 1701.
- Former "Law & Order: SVU" actress Diane Neal is running for congress in upstate New York.
- Elon Musk says he plans to announce the location for a new Tesla SUV factory by the end of the year.
- A postcard believed to have been sent by infamous serial killer Jack the Ripper has just sold at auction for $30,000.
- The Natural History Museum in England has disqualified a participant in its Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition after determining that a photograph he submitted was staged using a stuffed anteater.
- Hulu has now passed 20 million subscribers.
- A man convicted of stalking Sandra Bullock has killed himself after a police standoff.
- While Roseanne Barr doesn't mind telling the world she's a Trump supporter, her ex-husband Tom Arnold is going to start in an anti-Trump documentary series, "The Hunt for the Trump Tapes With Tom Arnold."
- In the aftermath of that Facebook data controversy, Cambridge Analytica has closed their doors.
- The Seattle Mariners announced yesterday that Ichiro Suzuki has played his last major league baseball game and is moving into the M's front office.
- In Scotland, a woman is battling a rare disorder that causes her to throw up at least 30 times a day.
- A journalist who once enjoyed 15-minutes of fame for throwing his shoe at President George W. Bush is running for president in Iraq.
- United Airlines has banned 50 types of dogs and cats from flights after several animal-related incidents.
Friday, May 4, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 04, 2018
Of Course Abe Lincoln Owned This Hat! Sure He Did! It could be a $6.5 million hat- or not. It seems the crown jewel of the Abraham Lincoln...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...