- In April, unemployment in the U.S. was at 3.9%.
- A new record for April temperatures in Pakistan this year, where one day, they hit 122.4 degrees.
- In Oregon, a horse is suing its owner for $100,000, seeking damages for neglect.
- Then there's the guy in India who thought it would be fun to get a selfie with a bear...and was mauled to death.
- Ferrari is having a great year. They've sold-out most of their 2018 models and part-way into 2019.
- Warren Buffett is betting big on Apple. His company bought 75 million shares of Apple stock in the first quarter.
- DWTS dancer Cheryl Burke and Matthew Lawrence are engaged. He popped the question this past week on her 34th birthday.
- Meghan Markle's estranged half-brother has written an extraordinary open letter to Prince Harry, in which he urges the groom-to-be to call off the royal wedding.
- The N.S.A. collected over 500-million phone calls last year, triple what it did in 2016.
- The cast and crew of "The Walking Dead" are back at it, already busy shooting season 9.
- California is now the world's fifth largest economy, surpassing the U.K..
- Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling apologized for killing the character Dobby the House Elf in Book 7.
- President Trump is going to appoint Patriots coach Bill Belichick to his sports council.
- Meghan Markle's father WILL be walking her down the aisle.
- Twitter says that 350-million passwords were stolen, so if you haven't changed yours lately, now would be a good time.
Monday, May 7, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 07, 2018
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...