- John McCain has let it be known he wants Vice President Mike Pence to attend his funeral and NOT President Trump.
- Speaking of McCain, he says in his upcoming book that he now regrets picking Sarah Palin as his vice-presidential candidate... and wished he had stuck with his gut and picked Joseph Lieberman. His book, "The Restless Wave" comes out May 22.
- A Colorado woman was cited after she went into a 7-11 and heated a container of urine in their microwave until it blew up.
- Ken Jeong's medical degree came in handy Saturday when an audience member began having a seizure while Jeong was performing at a comedy club in Phoenix.
- In Mobile, Alabama, a 13-year-old who had been declared brain dead woke up shortly after his parents signed organ donation papers.
- Oil has now cracked through the $70 a barrel mark.
- Phoenix is in the 100's this week, already shattering one 70-year-old hot weather record.
- Michelle Obama has said again that she will NOT be running for any office in 2020.
- Disgraced televangelist Jim Bakker is back at it, now selling cabins in Missouri that he calls "safe from the apocalypse."
- President Trump's ex-wife, Ivana, made an appearance over the weekend on Italy's version of "Dancing With The Stars."
- California will become the first state to mandate solar panels on new homes.
- They say that tourism to Las Vegas is down, which some blame on high hotel parking rates.
- Conan O'Brien is cutting back his talk show to just half an hour each night.
- The Yankees and Red Sox are set to play against each other in London in June of 2019.
- Scientists in Singapore created a robot that can put together an Ikea chair in roughly 20 minutes.
- Fitbit is adding menstrual cycle tracking in its smartwatch app.
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 08, 2018
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...