- John McCain has let it be known he wants Vice President Mike Pence to attend his funeral and NOT President Trump.
- Speaking of McCain, he says in his upcoming book that he now regrets picking Sarah Palin as his vice-presidential candidate... and wished he had stuck with his gut and picked Joseph Lieberman. His book, "The Restless Wave" comes out May 22.
- A Colorado woman was cited after she went into a 7-11 and heated a container of urine in their microwave until it blew up.
- Ken Jeong's medical degree came in handy Saturday when an audience member began having a seizure while Jeong was performing at a comedy club in Phoenix.
- In Mobile, Alabama, a 13-year-old who had been declared brain dead woke up shortly after his parents signed organ donation papers.
- Oil has now cracked through the $70 a barrel mark.
- Phoenix is in the 100's this week, already shattering one 70-year-old hot weather record.
- Michelle Obama has said again that she will NOT be running for any office in 2020.
- Disgraced televangelist Jim Bakker is back at it, now selling cabins in Missouri that he calls "safe from the apocalypse."
- President Trump's ex-wife, Ivana, made an appearance over the weekend on Italy's version of "Dancing With The Stars."
- California will become the first state to mandate solar panels on new homes.
- They say that tourism to Las Vegas is down, which some blame on high hotel parking rates.
- Conan O'Brien is cutting back his talk show to just half an hour each night.
- The Yankees and Red Sox are set to play against each other in London in June of 2019.
- Scientists in Singapore created a robot that can put together an Ikea chair in roughly 20 minutes.
- Fitbit is adding menstrual cycle tracking in its smartwatch app.
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 08, 2018
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...