- If yesterday seemed like the longest day of the year, it's because... it was.
- After canceling the comedy following star Roseanne Barr's racist tweet, ABC has found a way to move forward with the original cast, creators and likely crew as "The Conners."
- In an essay in the latest issue of Essence, a magazine geared toward African American women, Janet Jackson says she has suffered an intense battle with depression over the years. But she also says she has found great joy since becoming a mom last year.
- AAA says a record 47 million Americans plan to hit the road and travel over the 4th of July holiday.
- Peter Fonda has apologized for tweeting a suggestion that Barron Trump be put in a cage with pedophiles in response to President Trump's zero-tolerance border policies.
- Burger King has apologized for an ad that promised Russian women a lifetime supply of free meals and a cash "prize" if they were to become pregnant with a child fathered by a World Cup soccer player.
- A funeral service for fashion designer Kate Spade will be held Thursday in Kansas City, Missouri, her place of birth.
- Starting this fall, some students at Northeastern University in Boston will be given the option of getting an Echo Dot smart speaker linked to their university accounts.
- The movie "Billionaire Boys Club" is going to hit theaters. What makes it interesting is that the movie stars Kevin Spacey.
- Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker reported last week on social media that he regretfully would have to bow out of playing drums for some time, due to a serious-sounding bout with blood clots in both of his arms and an infection.
- The first "Garfield" comic strip showed up 40 years ago this week.
- Koko, the gorilla who mastered sign language, died in her sleep at the foundation's preserve in California's Sana Cruz mountains on Tuesday. She was 46.
- Jerry Springer suddenly announced this week, after doing over 4,000 shows, that he's done. Reruns will continue, but he's done his last in-studio show... for now. He was canceled.
- Pete Davidson isn't just engaged to Ariana Grande -- the two moved in together into a $16 million New York City apartment last weekend.
- A new study says mosquitos remember people who swat at them.
- The founder of JetBlue has gotten funding for a new low-cost U.S. airline.
- The Supreme Court ruled yesterday that states can collect sales taxes from most online retailers. A big ouch for Amazon.
- The Star Wars spinoff movies have been put on hold after the Han Solo debacle at the box office.
Friday, June 22, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
According to Nielsen preliminary broadcast nationals, the premiere of the "Roseanne" spinoff "The Conners" averaged 10....
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...