- About 9,000 stacked bourbon barrels plummeted to the ground Friday at Barton 1792 Distillery, home of the brand 1792 Bourbon. The building, which holds up to 20,000 barrels, was having a wall repaired. The collapse brought down half of the structure.
- A team of producers is offering to cover the budget for a remake of "The Last Jedi" in order to save Star Wars. This isn't a joke -- they've already raised $90 million in pledges. #RemakeTheLastJedi #StarWars
- Rapper, Dipset cofounder and "Love & Hip-Hop: New York" star Jim Jones was arrested in Georgia Wednesday night for gun and drug possession following a brief police pursuit, according to the Newnan Times-Herald.
- ABC is going to bring back "The Conners" (the cast of Roseanne, without Roseanne) for a 10-episode season this fall.
- Toxicology results have confirmed Joel Taylor's cause of death. The Forensic Sciences Institute of Puerto Rico tells TMZ that the Storm Chasers star overdosed on MDMA, commonly known as ecstasy. It also found traces of ketamine in his system.
- Michael Jackson's dad, Joe, has been hospitalized in Las Vegas with terminal cancer. They're saying he doesn't have long.
- Tom Arnold says he and Donald Trump's former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen are teaming up to "take down Trump." Whatever that means.
- Disney has already made a record $2 billion at the box office this year.
- To make the Kate Spade story even sadder, her father died last Wednesday at the age of 89, one day ahead of her funeral. He had been in failing health and was very sad about Kate.
- At least one money-hungry rat broke into an ATM machine in India and chewed his way through nearly $18,000 in cash.
- A Rolling Stone article says that Johnny Depp has nearly blown all of his $650 million film fortune. "Almost all gone" were the exact words.
- Amazon Prime Day approaches -- once again, it's July 16.
- Demi Lovato has confirmed she had a relapse after six years of sobriety.
- Billy Joel is hosting the re-election fundraiser for New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo next month, with tickets starting at $5,000.
- Police in Florida are searching for two men who left an injured alligator at a convenience store.
- Here's a disturbing new trend -- some people are reportedly taking out loans to pay for their vacations.
- MTV's new studio is planning to launch reboots of "Daria," "Made" and "Real World."
- ABC has pulled the second episode of new reality show "The Proposal" following a sexual assault allegation involving one of the show's contestants.
- Canadian legalization of marijuana will offer pot delivery by mail.
- They're saying that you'll start seeing smartphones used as car keys as early as next year.
- They say that LeBron with either be a Cavalier or a Laker next season.
- NBC has dropped the rock on "Timeless." It's been officially canceled.
Monday, June 25, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...