Search This Blog

Recently Played

Loading ...

Radio Station Music Requests

Song artist:
Song title:
Dedicated to:
Your name:
Your E-mail:

Desert Radio AZ LIVE!

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

TV

Emilia Clarke Says Goodbye to Game of Thrones: "Thank You for the Life I Never Dreamed I'd Be Able to Live." Emilia Clarke is saying goodbye. The Game of Thrones actor took to Instagram to say farewell to her home away from home after wrapping production on the HBO fantasy drama. "Hopped on a boat to an island to say goodbye to the land that has been my home away from home for almost a decade," Clarke wrote with the post below. "It's been a trip @gameofthrones thank you for the life I never dreamed I'd be able to live and the family I'll never stop missing." She punctuated the post with a broken heart emoji and this tag: "#lastseasonitis" Clarke previously told Vanity Fair that filming her final Game of Thrones scene as Daenerys Targaryen left a lasting impression. "It f--ked me up," Clarke told Vanity Fair. "Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavor in someone's mouth of what Daenerys is... " The final season of Game of Thrones isn't set to debut until 2019, but HBO is already at work on a prequel. The cable channel previously announced it had several scripts in development and recently ordered one of the scripts, this one by Jane Goldman and George R.R. Martin, to pilot. The spinoff pilot is set way before the events of Game of Thrones, when the golden age of heroes turned into the darkest hour. "Only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros' history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend... it's not the story we think we know," a cryptic logline from HBO reads. Look for Game of Thrones to return in 2019 on HBO. (Eonline)

Marc Maron Talks #MeToo: "At Some Point, There Has to Be a Conversation". The 'GLOW' actor spoke to the public takedown of his friend Louis C.K. saying, "It came down hard, and it came down fast, and it was terrifying." "I've never been around that many women in my life, especially every day," Maron told The Hollywood Reporter of his role on Netflix's GLOW, a comedy created by, run by and led by women. "I'm not just the only man, I'm a sexist dick," Maron said, referring to his character. "Working with so many women, and the fact that they're learning how to wrestle, and they're doing this thing that's very theatrical," Maron told the Comedy Actor Roundtable, "there was definitely a lot of empathy and a lot of pride that I felt. I was very moved by the camaraderie." "Oddly, as they're all dressed in leotards, and they're all wearing these outfits, and this hair, it's not a sexualized set because of the nature of how it's run, and what the script is, and what we're all working toward," Maron told the Roundtable. "I just think that is sort of magical." Maron also spoke about the #MeToo movement, touching upon his friend Louis C.K.'s takedown after a New York Times article revealed multiple sexual assault allegation against C.K. "At some point, there has to be a conversation," Maron said. "There has to be some sort of leveling off that we can communicate, so not everybody, men in particular, are running around terrified of their past or of how to behave. I don't think that's going to be helpful to anyone." Maron noted previously that he confronted C.K. years ago about the claims and was lied to. "It was just decided," Maron said of Louis's fate. "It came down hard, and it came down fast, and it was terrifying," Maron said. "Obviously we're all going to behave a little better," Maron told THR. "We're not fucking stupid." The full Emmy Roundtables air every Sunday on SundanceTV beginning June 24 and on THR.com the following Monday. The full Comedy Actor Roundtable starring Tracy Morgan, Marc Maron, Louie Anderson, Ray Romano, Sean Hayes and Tony Shalhoub airs June 24 on Sundance TV. Tune in to THR.com/roundtables for more roundtables featuring talent from the year's top shows. (Hollywood Reporter)

Soccer World Cup: Australian Broadcaster Steps in After Telco's Live-Streaming Breaks Down. Telco Optus has suffered outages to its live-streaming service during the first three nights of the competition. A major row between Australian soccer fans and the country's second largest telco, Optus, has erupted after outages to the Optus live-streaming platform meant customers were unable to watch World Cup matches live for three nights in a row. Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull weighed in on the controversy Monday, telling CEO Allan Lew to fix the problem. Meanwhile, the World Cup's exclusive Australian broadcaster SBS (Special Broadcasting Service), which had onsold the streaming rights to Optus, said it would broadcast all matches for the next 48 hours. "Following discussions with Optus Sport, we have agreed that SBS will air all 2018 FIFA World Cup games for the next 48 hours," SBS managing director Michael Ebbed said Monday. "That's an additional four games on free-to-air, giving even more Australians the chance to enjoy the tournament." Turnbull posted on Twitter that: "I have spoken with the Optus CEO, Allen Lew. He assures me he is giving the World Cup streaming problems his personal attention and he believes it will be fixed this evening." Speaking to local press, Ebeid said that "if Optus continues to have problems then we might have a conversation about how we can help them further about putting those games on our channels. We're obviously able and willing to do that." SBS has broadcast the World Cup for the last 32 years, but in 2016 announced a partnership with Optus under which SBS retained live free TV rights to 25 of the 64 World Cup matches, with Optus streaming the remainder. This move was aimed at offsetting the high cost of rights to SBS, a hybrid commercial-public broadcaster that has suffered several cuts to its government funding in recent years. Fans took to social media to vent their anger at Optus, creating the hashtag #Floptusfail, despite reports that just a small portion of users and viewers were affected. Optus Sport offered an apology after disruptions to streaming plagued the Costa Rica versus Serbia match Sunday local time. Lew had earlier promised the telco "will do better" after customers reported outages and buffering during coverage of matches Saturday and Sunday. "I apologise unreservedly to all Australians," Lew said in a statement on Twitter. "We should have done better, we can do better and we will do better." He added: "Australians can be assured that this has my personal attention, and the entire network's team's attention, and we will solve it." (Hollywood Reporter)

HBO Orders 'Storm Over Brooklyn' Doc from 'Whitney' Producers. Muta'Ali's feature doc will tell the story of Yusuf Hawkins, whose death at the hands of white youths in Brooklyn in 1989 unleashed a torrent of racial tension. HBO has greenlit the documentary Storm Over Brooklyn from Lightbox, the U.K.-based banner behind the recent Cannes-bowing Whitney and Oscar-winning Searching for Sugar Man. The film is the winning project of the inaugural Feature Documentary Initiative from Lightbox and the American Black Film Festival (ABFF), as part of their joint initiative to foster diversity in the feature documentary arena. Directed by Muta'Ali, Storm Over Brooklyn will tell the story of Yusuf Hawkins, a black American teenager who was shot and murdered after being trapped by a group of white youths in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, on the evening of August 23, 1989. Sixteen-year-old Hawkins had come to Bensonhurst with three friends to look at a used car when they were attacked by the hostile mob, whose members mistakenly believed that Hawkins was dating a neighborhood girl who was white. The incident shocked New York and the US nationally, unleashed a torrent of racial tension in an already divided city and led to televised protests and marches. The growing unrest contributed to the ousting of New York City Mayor Ed Koch in favor of David Dinkins, who became the city's first and as of now, only African-American mayor. Storm Over Brooklyn, which was conceived by director Muta'Ali, was selected from more than 300 submissions to the initiative, which is open to all African-American documentary filmmakers and any documentary filmmakers interested in exploring non-fiction stories and themes that speak directly to the African-American experience. "I'm delighted that Yusuf Hawkins, the effect his murder had on the public, and the locked away regret, sorrow, questions and history that those involved have held onto for nearly 30 years, will finally see the light of day in the context of our time," said Muta'Ali. "It's due to the courage of Yusuf's loving family, as well as the visionary talent at HBO, Lightbox and ABFF." Added Lightbox co-founders Jonathan Chinn and Simon Chinn: "We are genuinely thrilled that HBO has greenlit Storm over Brooklyn a powerful, timely film which feels so relevant to today's audience even though the events it depicts took place 30 years ago." Storm Over Brooklyn is executive produced by Jeff Friday, Simon Chinn and Jonathan Chinn. Oscar-winning directors Daniel Lindsay and TJ Martin, who directed Lightbox's Emmy-winning feature documentary about the 1992 Los Angeles riots, LA 92, have also come on board the project as executive producers, as supporters of the initiative. The second year of Lightbox and ABFF's multi-year initiative will be open for entries July 18. (Hollywood Reporter)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Box Office Week Ending 11-11-18