- Interesting to note that we had a Friday the 13th this month and the next five months have the initials, J-A-S-O-N.
- The NFL has put their "no kneeling during the National Anthem" rule on hold for two months. That gives the league and the players union time to discuss the issue.
- A statue honoring the late Chris Cornell will be erected August 29th at Seattle's Museum of Pop Culture. That would have been his 54th birthday.
- The father of two survivors of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School earlier this year was shot to death in his convenience store last week.
- Chicago is going to be the largest U.S. to distribute a universal income. Residents will each receive $500.
- ESPN commentator and former NBA star Jalen Rose secretly married to fellow ESPN host Molly Qerim last week.
- A couple in Florida are getting married and instead of wedding presents, they've asked for money to buy goats.
- According to a new poll, 68% of Republicans think that the president's summit in Helsinki with Vladimir Putin went well.
- Nick Caporella, the billionaire CEO of the company that owns LaCroix sparkling water, has been sued by two male pilots for unwanted touching on dozens of occasions.
- If you're keeping score, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is now the 3rd richest person on earth. It's Bezos, Gates, Zuckerberg then Buffet.
- New Jersey is actually considering a tax on tap water.
- Miley Cyrus quietly wiped her Instagram account clean of all photos the other week, and now rumors are swirling that she and fiance Liam Hemsworth have called it quits and broken off their engagement.
- G-Eazy says he is NOT secretly dating Demi Lovato.
- 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo was spotted at a Beverly Hills restaurant last week on a date with porn star Kiara Mia. She's the kind of girl you take home to mother if you know mom's not home.
- Olympic figure skating medalist Denis Ten has died after he was stabbed during a dispute with people who allegedly tried to steal a mirror from his car. He was 25. He won the bronze at the Winter Olympics in Sochi in 2014.
- Texas has broken a 1925 heat record and continues to fry.
- Aston Martin showed off their version of a flying car at an air show last week. The autonomous hybrid-electric vehicle, which has room for three passengers, can fly at speeds of up to 200mph.
- A New Zealand company called Perpetual Guardian, with about 240 people, decided to test a 4-day work week for two months in which employees worked four 8-hour days but got paid for five. At least in the test, productivity was up as well as employee moral.
- Ecuador is said to be willing to hand over Julian Assange, Mr. Wikileaks, to the U.K. in the next week or two.
Monday, July 23, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Check Us Out! New Items Added Weekly https://www.desertradioazcountrystore.com/stores/item
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...