- A man has been arrested after threatening to chop up Senator Rand Paul and his family with an ax.
- Ugandans are taking to Twitter to protest a 5-cent tax on using social media.
- One of the dogs who played Duke in the commercials for Bush's Baked Beans has died. Sam, a canine who played the snarky role of the talking dog Duke, died on June 27 in Apopka, Florida.
- For the first time ever, a transgender woman will compete for her country in the Miss Universe pageant, after Angela Ponce was crowned Miss Spain.
- Oprah says that running for president would kill her.
- Joe Jackson was buried Monday in the same cemetery as his son, Michael.
- Andy Dick has been charged with groping a woman on a Los Angeles street earlier this year.
- Sears is closing ten more stores now... and planning to close all the remaining Sears and K-Mart stores by September.
- Police in Detroit found a woman who had been living with her dead adult daughter for 8 months. She just didn't want to give her up.
- Holding your cell phone while driving is now illegal in Georgia.
- Tim Allen's "Last Man Standing" will return to TV this fall, but without the actors who played the characters Mandy and Boyd.
- Roseanne Barr says she's received "a really good offer to go back on TV' and she "might do it."
- An Indianapolis church put a nativity scene with Jesus, Mary and Joseph in "ICE detention" (chain link fence) to protest Trump's immigration policies.
- A tornado last week near the Montana/South Dakota border apparently made off with a 5-ton tractor. It hasn't been seen since.
- Jersey Shore's Deena Cortese is pregnant with a baby boy.
- Scott Pruitt has become the latest Trump official to be harassed while out dining at a restaurant.
- Vermont has become the 9th state to legalize recreational marijuana.
- That huge banner featuring LeBron James in Cleveland has been taken down. No surprise there.
- "NCIS: Los Angeles" star Linda Hunt was hospitalized after a serious car wreck in Hollywood.
- The price of oil has hit $75 for the first time since 2014.
- The owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers says they will retire LeBron James' jersey.
- Match.com says the most popular day for dating is July 8.
- Tina Turner's 59-year-old son was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in Hollywood on Tuesday.
- Facebook has been slammed by The Wes Cook Band for preventing the country group from using the social network's paid tools to promote its song "I Stand for the Flag."
- Several towns in California, Colorado and Arizona - facing another season of drought and wildfire - turned to drone shows as a less dangerous alternative to big fireworks shows.
- In the U.S., World Cup ratings are down 42% since America's team didn't make the tournament.
Thursday, July 5, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Slow-motion of the Thunderbirds performing at the Arctic Thunder Open House. During the biennial open house, JBER opens its gates to the ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...