- A man has been arrested after threatening to chop up Senator Rand Paul and his family with an ax.
- Ugandans are taking to Twitter to protest a 5-cent tax on using social media.
- One of the dogs who played Duke in the commercials for Bush's Baked Beans has died. Sam, a canine who played the snarky role of the talking dog Duke, died on June 27 in Apopka, Florida.
- For the first time ever, a transgender woman will compete for her country in the Miss Universe pageant, after Angela Ponce was crowned Miss Spain.
- Oprah says that running for president would kill her.
- Joe Jackson was buried Monday in the same cemetery as his son, Michael.
- Andy Dick has been charged with groping a woman on a Los Angeles street earlier this year.
- Sears is closing ten more stores now... and planning to close all the remaining Sears and K-Mart stores by September.
- Police in Detroit found a woman who had been living with her dead adult daughter for 8 months. She just didn't want to give her up.
- Holding your cell phone while driving is now illegal in Georgia.
- Tim Allen's "Last Man Standing" will return to TV this fall, but without the actors who played the characters Mandy and Boyd.
- Roseanne Barr says she's received "a really good offer to go back on TV' and she "might do it."
- An Indianapolis church put a nativity scene with Jesus, Mary and Joseph in "ICE detention" (chain link fence) to protest Trump's immigration policies.
- A tornado last week near the Montana/South Dakota border apparently made off with a 5-ton tractor. It hasn't been seen since.
- Jersey Shore's Deena Cortese is pregnant with a baby boy.
- Scott Pruitt has become the latest Trump official to be harassed while out dining at a restaurant.
- Vermont has become the 9th state to legalize recreational marijuana.
- That huge banner featuring LeBron James in Cleveland has been taken down. No surprise there.
- "NCIS: Los Angeles" star Linda Hunt was hospitalized after a serious car wreck in Hollywood.
- The price of oil has hit $75 for the first time since 2014.
- The owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers says they will retire LeBron James' jersey.
- Match.com says the most popular day for dating is July 8.
- Tina Turner's 59-year-old son was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in Hollywood on Tuesday.
- Facebook has been slammed by The Wes Cook Band for preventing the country group from using the social network's paid tools to promote its song "I Stand for the Flag."
- Several towns in California, Colorado and Arizona - facing another season of drought and wildfire - turned to drone shows as a less dangerous alternative to big fireworks shows.
- In the U.S., World Cup ratings are down 42% since America's team didn't make the tournament.
Thursday, July 5, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...