- Artist Steve Ditko, who co-created Spider-Man and Doctor Strange with Stan Lee, has died at age 90.
- NASA has put its famous planet-hunting Kepler Space Telescope to sleep because it's almost out of fuel.
- Star Wars: Episode IX has cast Keri Russell in an ‘action-heavy' role reports Variety.
- There is something called Panama disease, that is a major threat to banana crops around the world. Because bananas are clones, the disease is able to spread very quickly from one to another.
- The Major League Baseball trading deadline is a couple of weeks away, but the rumors are already flying.
- I don't know how to break this to you, but Costco is changing their menu. The polish dog is gone. The hot dog and soda combo still stands, but you'll be seeing more "healthy" options.
- Hawaii has become the first state to ban sunscreens because of the damage they do to the coral.
- For the record, we have a record 155,576,000 Americans employed. Most ever.
- Ed Schultz, a fiercely liberal television and radio host, died last Thursday of "natural causes" in Washington, DC. He was 64.
- Colonel Sanders -- yes, the spokesperson for KFC -- is going to be a guest star on the soap opera, "General Hospital."
- That's a wrap on season 4 of Outlander. Now, to the editing room.
- Musician Elvis Costello has canceled the rest of his European summer tour after undergoing surgery for a "small but very aggressive" cancerous tumor.
- When the postal service issued their the Statue of Liberty Forever stamps in 2010 they didn't actually show New York's Lady Liberty. The photograph featured in the stamp design was actually a Statue of Liberty replica outside the New York-New York casino hotel in Las Vegas. Because of using that image, they owe the designer of the statue $3.5 million.
- Only 8 different nations have won the World Cup championship in its 88-year history.
- Florida police picked up singer Chris Brown on an out-of-county arrest warrant on Thursday night following his concert in West Palm Beach.
- Netflix is experimenting with an "ultra" plan that would deliver 4K programming to your TV.
- Did A-Rod pop the question? J-Lo's ring finger has some bling on it.
- Most of Anthony Bourdain's sizable estate has been left to his 11-year-old daughter, Ariane.
- Justin Timberlake has dropped a surprise single, "Soulmate."
- Elon Musk is said to have sent his best engineers to help figure out how to get that trapped Thai soccer team out of the cave
Monday, July 9, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
When it comes to pregnancy, it obviously takes two to get there. Once you're there, however, there's only one person carrying the ba...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...