- Vermont Democrats made history Tuesday by nominating Christine Hallquist as the first transgender individual to be a major party candidate for governor.
- The house in St. Helens, Oregon, that was used as Bella Swan's house in the Twilight movies is up for sale. Yours for just $349,000.
- Bruno Mars announced that Ciara, Charlie Wilson, Ella Mai and Boyz II Men will replace Cardi B on the North American leg of his tour.
- Two sisters working as lunch ladies-employees of the cafeteria at an affluent elementary school in Connecticut-have been accused of pocketing some of the lunch money the kids paid. Half-a-million dollars over the past five years.
- So far, I've seen three "Aretha Franklin is dead" posts on Facebook. As of this writing, she isn't.
- In London, a fly-away parrot spent three days on a rooftop before it was rescued. The best part was him swearing at the fire fighters trying to reach him.
- New Parks Associates research shows 23% of U.S. broadband households own a wrist-worn connected health device, the most common of the connected health devices.
- A new study says that 1 in 8 divorces is caused by student loan debt.
- Ellen DeGeneres has a new line of t-shirts, jeans and shoes at Wal-Mart, all of which won't cost more than $30. EV1 is the brand name.
- Americans older than 65 are filing for bankruptcy more than ever before.
- An 11-year-old boy in Florida was able to hack into a state elections website and change results in under 10 minutes.
- Kelly Ripa and husband Mark Consuelos are excited about their son Michael landing a role on the TV show "Riverdale," the show in which Mark Consuelos dad stars as Veronica Lodge's father.
- Matt Lauer's divorce is beginning to take shape. It looks like he's going to have to pay his wife $20 million as part of the settlement.
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka have delayed their wedding. They were supposed to get married in November, but Paris says she needs more planning time, so they'll get married next May.
- Divers have found a 300-year-old canon off the coast of Florida.
- If you're keeping score at home, Dane Cook is 47, his girlfriend is 19.
- A rare 1913 Liberty Head nickel is expected to be auctioned off for $3 to $5 million.
- Because they want to include you, the Girl Scouts are coming out with a gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Thursday, August 16, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...