- A trend in the funeral industry: Extreme Embalming. So when it comes time for the wake, instead of posing the deceased in a coffin, they are instead put in a natural position... like sitting in an easy chair, watching TV.
- In Saudi Arabia, a couple was arrested after he posted a video of him kissing her on the cheek while he was teaching her to drive.
- Chris Hardwick is slowly emerging from the shadows after those abuse allegations by his ex. We already know he'll return to host "The Talking Dead" this fall. Next week, he'll be a guest judge on "America's Got Talent." The episode was actually filmed before the accusations were made.
- 66-year-old David Hasselhoff was recently married for the third time to 38-year-old model, Hayley Roberts. The two met seven years ago when he was a judge on "Britain's Got Talent" and she asked him for an autograph.
- Topher Grace, who played Eric in "That 70s Show", says that he and Ivanka Trump went out on a couple of dates a decade ago.
- In anticipation of a two-week highway shutdown, the Oregon Department of Transportation released a traffic jam playlist.
- In 1995, Jeff Bezos was trying to get Amazon off the ground and turned to his mother and stepfather, Jackie and Mike Bezos, for an investment. They invested $245,573 in the company... which is now worth $30 billion.
- While she is expected to make a full recovery, Demi Lovato is said to be experiencing "complications" from her drug overdose last week and remains hospitalized.
- PBS is doing a salute to Betty White's 80-years in show business later this month.
- NBC did cancel "Timeless", but they are going to bring it back for a two-episode series finale so they can tie up loose ends.
- Swedish crown jewels have been stolen from the Strangnas Cathedral in Sweden. Thieves took two crowns and royal orb from the cathedral, which is located west of Stockholm, and took off in a motor boat that was moored just below the church.
- Kanye West is spending a lot more time with his dad Ray, who is being treated for prostate cancer.
- A study says the average office worker spends 1,700 hours in front of a computer screen every year.
- Tuesday was the last day peanuts were offered on Southwest Airlines flights.
- France has banned smartphones from schools.
- A study says drunk Americans spend $30 billion online each year.
- Another study says that men out talk women 2-1 on the big screen.
- Kevin Hart banned cellphones at one of his recent stand-up gigs in Florida.
Thursday, August 2, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Well Somebody's Not Getting a Father's Day Card This Year! Talk about a dysfunctional family! About three months ago, 76-year-old D...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...