- For what it's worth, youth unemployment hit its lowest level in 50 years this summer.
- With 32,714% inflation, Venezuela is going to cut five zeroes from its currency to try and stabilize their economy.
- L.A. officials are considering a ban on rental scooters. It's gotten to the point where they're being left everywhere.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus is back on the set of "Veep" to take its 7th and final season.
- Forbes did its annual list of the highest paid actresses. Scarlett Johansson topped the list with $40.5 million for the year. Angelina Jolie was in second with $28 million (most from an advance for Maleficent 2) and Jennifer Aniston at $19.5 million, most of that from endorsements.
- Dr. Peter Fisher, Queen Elizabeth's long-time personal physician, was killed while riding his bike to work last Thursday. He was 67.
- President Trump's planned $92 million Veterans Day parade is being delayed a year. You'll see it in 2019.
- A study says "Harry Potter" readers make better romantic partners.
- St. Louis University is putting Amazon Echo Dots in every residence hall.
- When White Sox outfielder Ryan LaMarre hit his first Major League home run, the ball was actually caught by his uncle in the outfield bleachers.
- Princess Madeleine of Sweden and her family are moving to Florida.
- Pete Davidson of "Saturday Night Live" says he knew he wanted to marry Ariana Grande the day they met.
- Tiger Woods' caddie Joe LaCava reportedly paid a heckler $25 to leave a tournament.
- Kroger is going to experiment with driverless delivery service in Phoenix.
Monday, August 20, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...