- A restaurant in Mexico City was busted for selling tacos filled with tarantulas.
- The South African government has begun the process of seizing land from white farmers after they refused to accept offers of 10% of what the farms were worth.
- Ben Affleck and his girlfriend Lindsay Shookus have split after a year of dating.
- A survey says one in seven Americans are kept up at night by politics. Seems kinda low.
- A study says people with strong friendships live 7.5 years longer by average.
- The Eagles Greatest Hits album has just dethroned Michael Jackson's Thriller as the best-selling album of all time.
- A bill in California would allow restaurants to serve only water or milk with kids' meals.
- Janet Jackson has dropped her first new music in three years.
- A high school football game in Nevada was delayed when the sprinklers accidentally came on.
- Stevie Wonder is suggesting that global warming played a part in the cancer that took the life of his friend, Aretha Franklin.
- Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette plays with $100 sewn into his pads, saying it's for "100 yards a game, 100 percent real." Really.
- The Trans Siberian Orchestra is going on their 20th annual tour this fall, starting November 14th in Green Bay and swinging through 65 cities before the end of the year.
- Pepsi has bought SodaStream for $3.2 billion.
- Best Buy just purchased a company that provides emergency response services.
- Kevin Spacey's latest film, "Billionaire Boys Club," has earned the lowest box office opening of the year, making just $618 from 10 screens in its first two days in theaters.
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...