- Say goodbye to the nerd herd as "The Big Bang Theory" calls it quits and heads into its last season this fall.
- President Trump has launched a petition to pressure ESPN to reverse its decision not to air the National Anthem during games. Trump says not airing "beautiful" anthem is "spineless."
- They're keeping a close eye on another hurricane, Lane, approaching Hawaii.
- Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation) has exited his new role as U.S. vice president in season four of Supergirl due to scheduling issues.
- Robin Thicke and his girlfriend, April Love Geary, are expecting their second child together.
- After two years of dating, Hilary Swank and Philip Schneider got secretly married among the redwoods of California. They're showing off wedding pictures in the latest Vogue.
- The finances of an intensely private Aretha Franklin soon will become very public in Michigan's Oakland County Probate Court because she apparently left no will or trust. She had four sons.
- A man in Glasgow took a cab to his parents' house, took his shoes off, had a drink and crashed on the couch. The next day, he found out they no longer lived there and he had flopped in a strangers' house.
- At Keith Urban's Chicago concert last week, he dragged his wife Nicole Kidman out on the stage with him.
- After his public intoxication arrest, Mighty Ducks star Shaun Weiss has checked into rehab.
- Scientists have found what they say is definitive evidence of water ice on the surface of the moon. The discovery suggests that future lunar expeditions might have a readily available source of water that would make it easier "to explore and even stay on the moon."
- A judge has ruled that the 2007 pre-nup agreement they signed was valid, and so Lisa Marie Presley will NOT have to pay her ex support payments.
- Richie Incognito was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and threats at a funeral home. He had six different guns in his truck, along with a handgun silencer.
- Aerosmith is going to do a residency at the MGM in Las Vegas beginning in April.
- 17% of U.S. broadband households are interested in purchasing a system that would help them live independently as they age.
- There was a 6.3 earthquake off the Oregon coast on Tuesday.
- A woman convicted of organizing protests against the Saudi Arabian government could be punished by beheading.
- Nicki Minaj claims she is the "new Harriet Tubman."
- Carolina Panthers rookie D.J. Moore was cited for going 113 mph on I-77 near Charlotte.
- Icelandic actor Stefan Karl Stefansson, who played LazyTown villain Robbie Rotten, has died aged 43 from cancer. Stefansson was best known for his role on the children's show, which was produced from 2004 to 2014.
- Lamar Odom says he had 12 strokes and 6 heart attacks when he was in a coma.
Thursday, August 23, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
And How Fast Can You Run the 26.2? His name is Eliud Kipchoge. He already has an Olympic gold medal for the marathon, and now he has smash...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...