- John Goodman did not go into detail but confirmed to The Sunday Times that Roseanne Barr's character will be killed off this fall in the upcoming "The Conners" spinoff on ABC.
- Alec Baldwin is joining Joaquin Phoenix in "Joker," a stand-alone movie centered on DC's clown prince of crime. Baldwin is the latest high-profile actor to join the project, which includes Robert De Niro, "Deadpool 2" breakout Zazie Beetz and "Glow" actor Marc Maron.
- Mel B, the Spice Girl-turned-judge of "America's Got Talent," says she'll seek treatment for PTSD and addiction issues in the United Kingdom to combat sex and alcohol addictions and to help her manage her PTSD.
- Aretha Franklin's funeral is limited to invited guests -- but the world will be able to watch. The Friday service will be made available for viewing live online and on television by the Associated Press.
- Jackson Odell's cause of death has been revealed. The 20-year-old actor, who played Ari Caldwell on "The Goldbergs" from 2013 to 2015, was found unresponsive in June. The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office determined that Odell died on June 8 at a sober living facility of an accidental drug overdose.
- Singer Michelle Branch is due any day now with her second child.
- Senator McCain did not want President Trump to attend his funeral and asked former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama to speak.
- Tom Brady abruptly ended a live radio interview Monday morning after being asked multiple questions about his longtime personal trainer, Alex Guerrero.
- One in three Americans have less than $5,000 saved for retirement.
- Dunkin' Donuts, 7-Eleven, Cracker Barrel and Waw have already launched their Pumpkin Spice flavored drinks.
- Kanye West surprised Kim Kardashian with a neon Mercedes, if you care.
- Amazon has opened its second Amazon Go convenience store, in another Seattle location. That's the store where you just walk through, toss the things you want to buy in a bag and walk out. The sensors ring up what you buy, with no cashier involved.
- Jet Blue has raised it's baggage fees and airfares, which could have other airlines following.
- A 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO sold at auction for an all-time record of $48 million.
- Matt Lauer and his soon-to-be ex-wife Annette Roque were spotted together, following their $20-million divorce settlement.
- Toyota is investing $500-million into Uber.
- Angelina Jolie has fired her attorney and grabbed a new one in her divorce with Brad Pitt.
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...