- Did you know that actress Daryl Hannah and singer Neil Young have been dating for the past two years? She's 57 and he's 72. Now we're hearing they got married last weekend in California.
- The town of Mayo, Florida is temporarily changing its name to "Miracle Whip."
- A federal appeals court on Tuesday said printing "In God We Trust" on U.S. currency is constitutional, citing its longstanding use and saying it was not coercive.
- Bob Costas and his representatives are in discussions with NBC about terminating a contract that runs through 2021, the New York Post and USA Today reported this week.
- Usain Bolt has signed to play with an Australian soccer team.
- A new study from the U.K. indicates that goats are attracted to people who appear to be happy.
- Las Vegas has dethroned Seattle as the nation's hottest housing market after a two-year run. By the way, Seattle home prices have passed up Los Angeles, New York and San Diego over the past four years.
- Sparkling water sales have tripled since 2008, especially with the addition of flavor and alcohol.
- Pittsburgh has become the largest U.S. city without a daily print edition newspaper.
- A new study says that deaths from drugs, alcohol and suicide now outpace diabetes.
- The next season of "Mr. Robot" will be its last.
- Did you know that John McCain's mom is still alive? She's 106-years-old.
- If you're keeping score at home, Eddie Murphy is getting ready to be a dad for the 10th time, the latest with his longtime girlfriend, Paige Butcher.
- A woman in Bolivia passed away this week. They think she was 118-years-old.
- If he was still around, Michael Jackson would have turned 60 on Wednesday.
- Clint Dempsey announced his retirement from professional soccer on Wednesday. He leaves the game tied with Fredy Montero for the most Sounders goals all-time at 47 and tied with Landon Donovan for the most international goals by an American at 57.
- The release of the movie "Top Gun 2" has been delayed a year. You'll now have to wait until June of 2020.
- Alec Baldwin has pulled out of an upcoming "Joker" movie citing scheduling.
Thursday, August 30, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
100,000 Pennies! Just for fun, English artist Anna Brownsted left 100,000 pennies in an abandoned public fountain in Cambridge, England ov...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...