- A new Harris Poll has been released and the restaurant Americans voted as the best Mexican restaurant in the United States? Taco Bell.
- Amazon is going to deliver Christmas trees this year! A 7-foot Fraser fir from a North Carolina farm will cost $115, according to an Amazon holiday preview book. Also listed are a $50 wreath and a $25 red-leafed plant with a decorative candy cane speared into the soil.
- There are jobs out there. There are now a record 6.9 million jobs available right now.
- Henry Cavill, the English-born actor who's played the Man of Steel in three movies, is reportedly leaving the DC Universe as Superman..
- "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" pulled the plug on Norm Macdonald's appearance following the comedian's controversial remarks on the #MeToo movement.
- Geoffrey Owens, the former Cosby Show actor seen working at Trader Joe's, has landed a guest role on the show, "N.C.I.S.-New Orleans."
- Boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya says he plans to launch an unexpected bid for the United States presidency in 2020.
- One of the most charismatic and influential singers to come out of France, the gritty-voiced Rachid Taha, has died at age 59. Taha's death was announced in a joint statement from his family his record label, who said that he died of a heart attack.
- Nice touch at a Minnesota fire truck display set up on Tuesday for the 9-11 anniversary. They had two fire trucks with extended ladders, holding up U.S. flags when a bald eagle actually landed at the top of one of the ladders.
- Your risk for fatal heart disease plummets when you replace 30 minutes of daily couch time with 30 minutes of walking, cleaning your apartment, or even standing, according to the Clinical Epidemiology Journal.
- The cast for the 27th season of Dancing with the Stars has been revealed. Among the names we recognize: Bobby Bones, DeMarcus Ware, Paralympic skier Danielle Umstead, John Schneider (yes, Dukes of Hazzard), Mary Lou Retton, Nancy McKeon and after that, you're on your own.
- Tim Tebow and the reigning Miss Universe, Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, have gotten serious enough that they're introduce each other to their parents.
- A Louisiana mayor has banned Nike products for use in city recreation facilities.
- President Obama admits that he was once kicked out of Disneyland for smoking.
- A New York woman was arrested after being pulled over when her toddler showed the police officer her mom's bag of pot.
- California Governor Jerry Brown will sign a bill requiring the state to rely on 100% clean electricity by 2045.
- Former President Jimmy Carter is warning Democrats not to wander too far to the left.
- The creator of "Blackish" says ABC and Disney censored an anti-Trump episode of the show. While it may not air, it'll no doubt be out there on-demand. Eventually.
- Colin Kaepernick announced on Monday that the "#ImWithKap" jerseys he was selling on his website sold out within hours.
Thursday, September 13, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...