- Michelle Obama's book, "Becoming," comes out November 13th. She'll launch a 10-city tour to promote it, starting with her hometown of Chicago.
- Jay-Z tops Forbes Magazine's list of the top hip-hop money-makers, at $76.5 million.
- Oregon author Nancy Crampton-Brophy, who wrote the book, "How to Murder Your Husband" has been arrested... on charges of murdering her husband.
- The Emmy Awards with Michael Che and Colin Jost as your hosts, take place Monday night.
- A member of Russian punk protest group Pussy Riot has been hospitalized in grave condition for what could be a possible poisoning.
- Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger are still going strong.
- Playboy Magazine is going to return next year as a quarterly magazine, you know only four nudes per year.
- South Korea has stress cafes where people can go to take a break from their day.
- Marin Mazzie has died at the age of 57. The Broadway star passed away at her home in New York City on Thursday morning.
- Parks Associates finds approximately 40% of U.S. broadband households with insurance are interested in buying a smart home product that can detect electrical fires, with interest strongest among young consumers and households in the southern U.S.
- A man in Florida has been arrested for stealing over $5 million from his job at a local credit union to produce movies.
- Word came that Henry Cavill was done being Superman. Was it the studio's decision or Henry's? Warner Brothers says they know nothing. Could be Henry's effort to get bigger paychecks. Stay tuned.
- Heidi Klum says Drake once tried to date her.
- So, you can keep up with these things, BTS is the latest hot boy band. They're a seven-member South Korean boy band and performed during the opening of America's Got Talent Wednesday night.
- Some Willie Nelson fans are seeing red after learning the country musician will be headlining a rally for Democratic Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke, Ted Cruz's opponent in the November election.
Friday, September 14, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...