- Burt Reynolds, who played good ol' boys and rugged action heroes in an acting career that spanned seven decades, has died. Reynolds died Thursday morning at a Florida hospital following a heart attack. He was 82.
- Twitter has permanently banned the accounts of right-wing conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones and InfoWars for violating the company's abusive behavior policies, the company said Thursday.
- David Beckham is challenging a ticket he got for driving his Bentley 59mph in a 40mph zone.
- Maryland schools are distributing condoms to students in an attempt to cut back on STDs and pregnancies.
- Here's a shocker -- nearly half of all millennials have deleted the Facebook app.
- The Academy Awards have reversed themselves and will NOT be having a "most popular film" category next year. Eventually, but not next year.
- India's Supreme Court has decriminalized gay sex.
- Kiefer Sutherland's series, "Designated Survivor" has been saved by Netflix. You'll eventually get a 10-episode season.
- Actor and sobriety campaigner Christopher Lawford, son of Peter Lawford, nephew of President Kennedy and member of the sprawling Kennedy clan, has died at age 63.
- Cicely Tyson is going to receive an honorary Oscar at the 10th annual Governors Awards on November 18th. Cicely is 93 years old.
- A British coroner says The Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan died accidentally from drowning in her bathtub last January because of alcohol intoxication.
- Nike ran a 60-second commercial last night on Thursday Night Football voiced by Colin Kaepernick.
- Over 16 million Americans traveled by air over the Labor Day weekend this year.
- Florida police are searching for a person who accidentally donated a duffel bag to a thrift shop that contained almost five pounds of marijuana.
- Trevor Story hit a 505-foot home run on Wednesday night, the longest ever measured in the Statcast era.
- David Beckham's MLS team in Miami will be named Club Internacional de Futbol Miami.
- Lindsay Lohan's dad, Michael, and his wife Kate Major, are heading to a divorce.
- Only in California-homeowners are having problems with thieves stealing their artificial lawns.
- Michael Moore claims that Gwen Stefani was the reason Donald Trump ran for the presidency.
- In New Zealand, a drunken man thought it would be a great idea to sneak into the zoo and steal a monkey. The monkeys ganged up on him and beat him up.
Friday, September 7, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...