Want to spice up your sex life? LET IT RING
Phubbing includes the following:
- My partner places his cellphone where he can see it when we are together.
- My partner keeps her cellphone in her hand when she is with me.
- My partner glances at his cellphone when talking to me.
- If there is a lull in our conversation, my partner will check her cellphone.
The study: To find out the real effect of phubbing, researchers from Baylor University in Waco, Texas conducted two separate surveys with a total of 453 U.S. adults. The results:
- 46.3 percent of the respondents reported being phubbed by their partner.
- 22.6 percent said this phubbing caused conflict in their relationships.
- 36.6 percent reported feeling depressed at least some of the time due to being phubbed.
Overall, only 32 percent of respondents stated that they were very satisfied with their relationship, the study shows. Translation: When you are with the one you love and you pay attention to your cell phone, you are sending a clear message that the phone is more important to you than your lover. This lowers your lover's satisfaction with the relationship.