- According to Nielsen preliminary broadcast nationals, the premiere of the "Roseanne" spinoff "The Conners" averaged 10.5 million viewers and a 2.3 rating, which translates to nearly 3 million adults 18-49.
- It's estimated that Americans will spend half a billion dollars this years on Halloween costumes... for their pets.
- The World Bank says that over half of the world's population lives on less than $5.50 a day.
- Lyft has started offering an all-access monthly subscription that'll get you 30-rides in a month for $299.
- Sunday night's ratings for "The Walking Dead" hit an all-time low for the series. The end could be in sight.
- Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson may have called off their engagement, but friends say the relationship may not be over.
- With no winners Tuesday night in the Mega Millions lottery, that means Friday's jackpot is now up to $868 million and climbing.
- Alaska Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott resigned Tuesday over unspecified inappropriate comments.
- New data from Parks Associates shows 12% of smart home device owners in U.S. broadband households report technical problems going unresolved in 2018, compared to approximately 5% in the previous three years.
- There's talk of a "royal miracle" as Harry and Meghan visited a drought-stricken area of Australia. Yet, while they were there, it got a rainstorm.
- YouTube had an outage for over an hour on Tuesday night.
- Historians have long believed that Mount Vesuvius erupted on August 24, 79 AD, destroying the nearby Roman city of Pompeii. But now, an inscription has been uncovered dated to mid-October - almost two months later.
- 7 million more subscribers joined Netflix over the past few months. Cords are being cut.
- Almost half of births in the U.S. now happen outside of marriage.
Thursday, October 18, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...