- The global weather shift continues. Chile was hit with its heaviest July snowstorm in decades.
- Ed Sheeran made a cameo appearance on Sunday's "Game of Thrones" and fans were not happy.
- Veteran actor Martin Landau died over the weekend. He was 89. He actually turned down the role of Mr. Spock on Star Trek, that Leonard Nimoy accepted.
- Caitlyn Jenner is said to be weighing a run for the U.S. Senate.
- O.J. Simpson's upcoming parole hearing is set to be televised on ESPN, CNN and others. Thursday at 1pm EDT.
- National bridal dress chain Andre Angelo has suddenly closed after 80 years, leaving some brides without dresses they had paid for.
- A woman taking a selfie at an L.A. art gallery fell and knocked over some exhibits causing $200,000 in damage.
- A study says being generous makes people happier.
- Ryan Lochte has been cleared of charges stemming from the Rio Olympics where he was accused of falsely communicating a crime.
- A report says the iPhone 8 could sell for as much as $1,400.
- The world's largest Ferris Wheel is being built in Dubai at more than 600-feet tall.
- The Eagles played together Saturday night in Los Angeles for the first time since Glenn Frey's death. Filling in for him, Frey's son, Deacon.
- Amazon is said to be close to rolling out its own messaging app.
- Fairygodboss.com released its latest ranking of the 25 companies where women are happiest. Boston Consulting Group was this year's winner with Dell, PepsiCo, and Apple included in the Top 10.
- An Arizona family was a popular swimming hole Saturday celebrating a birthday when a flash flood hit and drowned 9 members of the party. Two are still missing.
- Disney's new Star Wars-themed land will be called Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and will open in Disneyland and Disney World in two years.
- Winnie the Pooh has been banned in China after becoming a symbol for dissidents.
- NBC's long-running reality show "The Biggest Loser" has been canceled.
- When a Texas couple got engaged at a Garth Brooks concert in Oklahoma City recently, Garth gave them a wedding president -- he's going to pay for their honeymoon.
- Actor Gary Sinise and his Lt. Dan Band have been spending the summer at military bases, entertaining the troops.
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
In 1002 Religious leader, Pope Leo IX (1049-54) In 1732 Martha Washington, wife of President George Washington In 1774 Daniel D. Tompk...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...