In 1873, Jesse James pulled off the world's first train robbery.
- That was way before he dated Sandra Bullock.
- That sounds impressive, but it's pretty easy to find a train to rob. Just follow the tracks.
- He would have done it sooner, but he was lacking one crucial element: trains.
On this date in 1965, Bob Dylan released his song, "Like a Rolling Stone," while the Rolling Stones released, "Like a Bob Dylan."
It was on this date in 1969 that Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin blasted-off from the moon in Apollo XI's Lunar Lander after spending 21.5 hours on the surface.
- They later said it was a nice place, but it lacked atmosphere.
- They left behind a plaque which read, "Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the moon, July 1969, A.D. We came in peace for all mankind. Starbucks coming soon."
On this date in 1972, Elvis Presley appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine. This was later in his career, so it actually took two issues to get him all on.
Jamie Waylett turns 28 today. You know him as Harry Potter's mean cousin, Vincent Crabbe, in the Harry Potter movies.
Josh Hartnett is 39 today. A quote from Josh: "Be honest with yourself and lie to everyone else!" (true)
John Lovitz turns... uh... 60 today. Yeah, that's it. He's one of those people in Hollywood who used to be a lot of things.
Puttin' on the Ritz singer, Taco, turns 62.
- He plans a quiet evening at home, with rice and beans.
- He sang "Puttin' on the Ritz"... which, I'm assuming, must have been a song about Cheese Whiz.
- Needless to say, he's pretty stale by now.
Cat Stevens -- known today as Yusaf Islam -- turns 69. He was a big deal singer in the 70s... and now he's almost 70 himself.
National Junk Food Day -- Dr. Alan Hirsch from the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago conducted an 8-year study with 800 volunteers and claims the results show that people's snack food preferences reveal their personality type. He says the link between food preferences and personality is much like a Rorschach ink blot test long used by psychologists for insight into personality. Here's the true meaning of all that junk food you eat:
- Pretzels mean you're a flirt and you're very lively and energetic.
- Cheese curls mean you have great integrity and maintain a high moral ground.
- Potato chips mean you are aggressive, a real go-getter who will not take no for an answer.
- Tortilla chips mean you're a perfectionist. An "A" is not good enough for you. It has to be an "A+."
- Beef jerky means you're the life of the party. You're outgoing and gregarious.