- Aretha Franklin is moving to Detroit and wants to open up a nightclub there.
- It turns out that Tom Cruise broke his ankle while doing a stunt for the upcoming "Mission: Impossible 6."
- Helen Hunt and her boyfriend of 16 years, Matthew Carnahan, have split.
- San Diego Padres pitcher Jared Weaver announced his immediate retirement.
- Yes, there is a Chick-fil-A inside Atlanta's new Falcons Stadium. But, because the chain is closed on Sundays, they won't be open for the Falcons 8 home games this season.
- In Germany, thieves stole a semi-truck filled with 20 tons of Nutella.
- On board Royal Caribbean's "Total Eclipse Cruise" Monday, Bonnie Tyler is going to sing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on board, during the eclipse.
- A man in the U.K. saved his pet tortoise by giving it mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
- A Florida man who accidentally fired a gun in a strip club restroom while trying to take a selfie has been sent to prison.
- Airbnb is reportedly permanently banning white supremacists from making reservations on the site.
- Taco Bell has announced that it will soon launch the Naked Egg Taco, a breakfast taco that uses a fried egg as its shell.
- No winner Wednesday night, which means Saturday night's Powerball jackpot will be over $500 million worth of problems if you win it.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says the company is going to donate $2 million to anti-hate groups.
- Hillary Clinton is set to release her book "What Happened" next month that explains her loss in the 2016 election.
- Jennifer Kline, a former Mrs. America, has been found guilty of price-tag swapping at Macy's. It's called a single felony count of theft by swindle.
- A company claims it is selling a drone that can walk dogs.
Friday, August 18, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Okay, so you're not Helen of Troy, Cleopatra, Marilyn Monroe, or some other great sex goddess of the past or present -- but you'd st...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...