- The University of Tampa has fired a professor who suggested in a tweet that Hurricane Harvey hit Texas because it voted G.O.P.
- They were digging on the site of the new police and fire station in the town of Thornton, Colorado, when they uncovered a triceratops skeleton.
- There's a furniture store and a bowling alley in Houston that have opened their doors to flood victims.
- It's estimated that only 2 out of 10 homes in Houston have flood insurance.
- So far, Harvey has dumped twenty trillion gallons or rain.
- A 3-mile wide asteroid is going to pass relatively close to the earth tomorrow, just so you know.
- In Great Falls, Montana, a woman called 9-1-1 to complain about the quality of the meth she had just purchased.
- Having a beard helps you beat cancer? A new study claims that a beard can protect a man's face from 90 to 95% of harmful UV rays from the sun.
- Sandra Bullock has donated $1 million towards Harvey relief efforts, while Kim Kardashian and her family on Tuesday donated a collective $500,000. Jennifer Lopez, Dwayne Johnson, NFL player J.J. Watt and comedian Kevin Hart have all pledged funds.
- Gwyneth Paltrow's website Goop is being accused of making "deceptive" health claims.
- Tobe Hooper, the director of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre," "Poltergeist" and "Salem's Lot" has died at age 74.
- Billionaire investor Warren Buffett has exercised his right to buy 700 million shares of Bank of America's common stock at a bargain-basement price.
- Leah Remini says that the Church of Scientology wanted her to convert Kevin James but she refused.
- Toyota is doing some serious investing in an Uber-rival company called Grab.
Thursday, August 31, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...