- The University of Tampa has fired a professor who suggested in a tweet that Hurricane Harvey hit Texas because it voted G.O.P.
- They were digging on the site of the new police and fire station in the town of Thornton, Colorado, when they uncovered a triceratops skeleton.
- There's a furniture store and a bowling alley in Houston that have opened their doors to flood victims.
- It's estimated that only 2 out of 10 homes in Houston have flood insurance.
- So far, Harvey has dumped twenty trillion gallons or rain.
- A 3-mile wide asteroid is going to pass relatively close to the earth tomorrow, just so you know.
- In Great Falls, Montana, a woman called 9-1-1 to complain about the quality of the meth she had just purchased.
- Having a beard helps you beat cancer? A new study claims that a beard can protect a man's face from 90 to 95% of harmful UV rays from the sun.
- Sandra Bullock has donated $1 million towards Harvey relief efforts, while Kim Kardashian and her family on Tuesday donated a collective $500,000. Jennifer Lopez, Dwayne Johnson, NFL player J.J. Watt and comedian Kevin Hart have all pledged funds.
- Gwyneth Paltrow's website Goop is being accused of making "deceptive" health claims.
- Tobe Hooper, the director of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre," "Poltergeist" and "Salem's Lot" has died at age 74.
- Billionaire investor Warren Buffett has exercised his right to buy 700 million shares of Bank of America's common stock at a bargain-basement price.
- Leah Remini says that the Church of Scientology wanted her to convert Kevin James but she refused.
- Toyota is doing some serious investing in an Uber-rival company called Grab.
Thursday, August 31, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
On this date in 1792, President Washington signed an act creating the U.S. Postal Service. Before that, when people had a break down, they w...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...