- Orange juice made from concentrate has more vitamin C than fresh squeezed. (B.S.)
- Pearls will melt in vinegar. (Yes)
- When "I Love Lucy" premiered on TV, Lucille Ball was barely 18 years old. (B.S., actually believe it or not Lucy was 40 and Desi was 35)
- The original 13 colonies were partly financed by money won from playing the lottery! (Yes)
- Dr. Suess had 7 children from two wives. (B.S., Suess did have two wives but no kids. His motto was "You have 'em, I'll amuse 'em")
- People who have night jobs weigh more on average than people with day jobs. (Yes, unless your name is Keith Richards)
- During the first year puppies grow 100 times faster than human infants do. (B.S., but they do grow 10 times faster)
- Only about one third of the episodes of "Gilligan's Island" are actually about the castaways getting off the island. (Yes)
- Without food coloring Coca-Cola would be clear. (B.S., actually it would be green)
- According to the Kleenex people, the average person blows his nose 256 times a year. (Yes)
- Only one person survived The Alamo. (Yes)
- Bill Gates never went to college. (B.S. He attended college - he just dropped out)
- Only 5% of babies are actually born on their due date. (Yes)
- Van Halen is the only major recording group to have a number one album after changing lead singers. (B.S., AC/DC did with "Back in Black," plus Pink Floyd, Genesis and several others)
- Cats urine glows in the dark under a black light. (Yes, but human urine does not)
- According to experts, the game you have the greatest chance of winning in a casino is Blackjack. (Yes, but you really have to know how to play well)
- Nobody has any idea where Mozart is buried. (Yes)
Monday, August 28, 2017
Is it True (YES) or False (B.S.)?
YES OR B.S.
On this date in 1792, President Washington signed an act creating the U.S. Postal Service. Before that, when people had a break down, they w...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...