- The less confident ones used disappearing ink.
- It took several days to gather all the signatures. It was like closing on a time share.
- The reason they called it a Continental Congress is because it included a free breakfast.
In 1819 that Charles Guille made the first parachute jump in America from a balloon 8000 feet above Long Island, New York.
- It was shortly after someone asked the question, "Do you hear a hissing sound?"
- He was inspired by the words, "Je pense que nous avons une fuite" which, translated, means "I think we have a leak."
- He said he thought of the idea when he head a loud rip and a giant hissing sound.
On this date in 1830, Charles X, the last Bourbon king of France, abdicated. From then on, France only had Scotch kings.
In 1858, street mailboxes appeared in Boston for the very first time. After several were run over, they moved them from the street to the sidewalk.
It was on this date in 1876 that Frontiersman "Wild" Bill Hickok was shot from behind and killed while playing poker at a saloon in Deadwood, South Dakota. What made matters worse is that he had a royal flush.
On this date in 1909, the first Lincoln head penny was minted.
- I can't figure out why they'd name a restroom after a president, let alone put it on a penny.
- However, when the mint melted in pockets, they quickly switched to copper.
- They replaced the Indian head pennies. Yes, they had that taken away, too.
The Sports Bra turns 40 this year and we're exactly 6 months away from Ground Hogs' Day.
Receiver Golden Tate turns 29 today. He was with the Seahawks, but there was a rumor he had a fling with Russell Wilson's first wife. Now he's with Detroit, appropriately named, "The Lyin's."
Actress Danica Stewart turns 34. She was in "General Hospital" and should not be confused with race car driver Danica Patrick or "Star Trek" actress, Danica Patrick Stewart. Or, maybe I'm the one that's confused.
Edward Furlong, who played John Conner in "Terminator 2," hits the big 4-0 today, despite his best efforts.
Kevin Smith turns 47 today. He's given us such movies as "Jay and Silent Bob", "Dogma" and "Clerks." We've given most of them back.
Olympic figure skater Linda Fratianne turns 57 today. There was a time when she was all that. Now she's just part of that and a lot more of this.
Victoria Jackson turns 58 today. At one time, she was an SNL member, but her conservative side tried to come through. As you can imagine, that didn't last long.
O.J. Simpson trial judge Lance Ito is 67 today.
- Retirement age, although he probably should have retired after the verdict.
- Once again, he'll make a wish and blow out the candles... but he'll still wake up tomorrow best known as the judge in the O.J. Simpson trial.
- Yes, imagine that being your claim to fame for the rest of your life.