- Officials say a Spirit Airlines flight leaving Las Vegas Sunday was briefly delayed after a passenger removed all their clothes while boarding and approached a flight attendant.
- Sam Shepard, author, playwright and actor, died on July 27 from complications of ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's disease). He was 73.
- A study says sleeping less than seven hours a night can make people fatter.
- 30,000 people go to the ER each year with injuries from amusement park rides.
- A study says in ancient Rome, lemons were rare and could only be bought by the wealthy.
- Senator John McCain has begun a regimen of radiation and chemotherapy to treat his brain cancer.
- Miss Missouri Sophia Dominguez-Heithoff dazzled the crowd and won the title of Miss Teen USA 2017 in Phoenix on Saturday.
- Paris Jackson and her Godfather Macaulay Culkin are showing off their new matching tattoos. They both got tattoos of spoons on their arms.
- The only child of the mayor of Nashville died Saturday night from an apparent drug overdose.
- The owner of a clown motel in Nevada is looking to sell it.
- The publisher of Hillary Clinton's upcoming memoir announced today that the title of her book will be the statement "What Happened."
- Taco Bell announced it will begin selling a potato-rito, which is beef, cheese, potatoes, and chipotle spice wrapped in a tortilla for $1.
- The mother of Marc Anthony, J-Lo's ex, died last Thursday.
- Joey Chestnut, the hot dog eating champion, stuffed down 92 carne asada tacos in 8 minutes to win the World Taco Eating Championship at Throwdown 7.
- Alabama defensive lineman and former top recruit Da'Shawn Hand was arrested for a DUI earlier this week.
- Patti Deutsch, cartoon voice and former member of TV's "Laugh In" died last week. She was 73.
- Rory McIlroy has fired his long-time caddie J.P. Fitzgerald.
- J-Lo and Alex Rodriguez posed for a photo in front of a giant LOVE statue.
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
U.S. Chaplains team up with Jordanian Armed Forces to volunteer at a local school in Jordan, service members along with the Tajik soldiers p...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...