- A Michigan court is going to have to decide whether Robert Ritchie can run for Senator as himself or if his stage name, Kid Rock, can be used on the ballot.
- The jury in Swift's groping trial reached a unanimous verdict Monday: They believe Taylor Swift was groped -- assaulted and battered by that DJ, David Mueller.
- A female motorcycle stunt driver was killed on the set of "Deadpool 2" while filming a scene up in Vancouver, BC, on Monday.
- Angelina Jolie says she's taking a break from making movies to focus on her health and her kids.
- A report from ESPN says that Tiger Woods had five drugs in his system -- Vicodin, Dilaudid, Xanax, Ambien and THC (from pot) -- the night he was charged with driving under the influence.
- North Korea says they will put their Guam missile test on hold for now... to see what we do next.
- Meanwhile, a bit of a panic broke out when Guam radio stations accidentally broadcast a notice that a nuclear attack was underway.
- Tony Romo will make his TV broadcasting debut during the Friday, August 25th game between the Seattle Seahawks and the Kansas City Chiefs.
- In Atlanta, Hall of Fame wrestler Ric Flair has been placed into a medically-induced coma while he awaits surgery.
- A federal judge on Monday said that Costco owed Tiffany $19.4 million in damages for selling counterfeit diamond engagement rings bearing the "Tiffany" name.
- Aaron Rogers appears to be rebounding from his breakup with Olivia Munn and has been dating soccer's Marie Margolius.
- Mel Gibson is selling his 400-acre retreat in Costa Rica -- complete with a private white-sand beach -- for $29.7 million.
- You missed the World Yo-Yo Championships last weekend in Iceland.
- The Pantone Color Institute has officially designed a shade of purple, in honor of Prince's name symbol he used. It's called "Love Symbol Number 2."
- Friday and Saturday are "Bring Your Own Cup" Day at 7-11.
- They're talking about the 25-year-old mother of two who died from a protein overdose as she trained for a bodybuilding competition.
- An Alabama man has been arrested for hitting his brother with a baseball bat after having to share some food he bought at Taco Bell.
- It's been a bleak August at the movies this summer, with the box office running 12% behind where it was last year. Lots of flops.
- Now, Lionel Ritchie is saying he's not sure he'll attend the Kennedy Center Honors this year with President Trump.
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...