- Bye-bye Chicago, hello Miami! Jake Cutler will step in as the Dolphins' new quarterback with a 1-year, $10 million contract.
- Chris Pratt and Anna Faris have filed for legal separation and have asked for privacy.
- Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones said he had a scare several months ago when he had a "fight with a touch of lung cancer." But it seems as though doctors caught it early enough.
- Taylor Swift and a former disc jockey she accuses of groping her began picking jurors yesterday in dueling lawsuits.
- Meanwhile, an attorney says she's filing a lawsuit on behalf of three people who accuse Usher of not disclosing an alleged sexually transmitted disease diagnosis prior to sexual contact.
- FOX NEWS anchor Eric Bowling has been suspended over alleged lewd texts to women.
- Did you know GM is already selling a $5,000 electric car in China? China purchases 40% of the electric cars produced in the world.
- In Tucson, Arizona, Little Caesar's pizza is experimenting with a pizza vending machine called a Pizza Portal. Where you would walk into their store, pick out a pizza and have it served up by the machine... never talking with a human.
- A frowning poop emoji is said to be in the works.
- Johnny Galecki is in talks to be part of the Roseanne reboot. By the way, even though Dan died in the series finale, John Goodman will be back.
- Darren "Dutch" Daulton, the catcher who played a crucial role on the Philadelphia Phillies' 1993 World Series team, died on Sunday at the age of 55 after a lengthy battle with brain cancer.
- Aaron Carter, the brother of Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter, has come out as bisexual.
- Boeing has won a contract to build two 747s that will be used as the future Air Force One.
- "So You Think You Can Dance" winner Joshua Allen has been sentenced to a year in jail on domestic violence charges.
- A town in Iowa held a special election and of the 70 registered voters in town, NONE bothered to vote.
- A study says pet dogs and cats are adding to the cause of global warming.
- Half of the candidates for mayor in the city of Detroit are convicted felons.
- Maine is raising the legal age to buy cigarettes to 21.
- Oprah Winfrey says "I can't accept myself" being over 200 pounds.
- YouTube gets 4.1 million views every minute.
- Serena Williams and her friends enjoyed a 50's Themed Baby Shower over the weekend, with Bobby Sox and saddle shoes.
- Two Chinese visitors to Germany found out the hard way that it's illegal to make the Nazi salute in public.
- L'Oreal is predicting that soon, there will be male cosmetics counters popping up in stores.
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
In 1743 George Frideric Handel's oratorio "Messiah" is performed in London. In 1792 Joseph Haydn's Symphony Number 94 i...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...