- Bye-bye Chicago, hello Miami! Jake Cutler will step in as the Dolphins' new quarterback with a 1-year, $10 million contract.
- Chris Pratt and Anna Faris have filed for legal separation and have asked for privacy.
- Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones said he had a scare several months ago when he had a "fight with a touch of lung cancer." But it seems as though doctors caught it early enough.
- Taylor Swift and a former disc jockey she accuses of groping her began picking jurors yesterday in dueling lawsuits.
- Meanwhile, an attorney says she's filing a lawsuit on behalf of three people who accuse Usher of not disclosing an alleged sexually transmitted disease diagnosis prior to sexual contact.
- FOX NEWS anchor Eric Bowling has been suspended over alleged lewd texts to women.
- Did you know GM is already selling a $5,000 electric car in China? China purchases 40% of the electric cars produced in the world.
- In Tucson, Arizona, Little Caesar's pizza is experimenting with a pizza vending machine called a Pizza Portal. Where you would walk into their store, pick out a pizza and have it served up by the machine... never talking with a human.
- A frowning poop emoji is said to be in the works.
- Johnny Galecki is in talks to be part of the Roseanne reboot. By the way, even though Dan died in the series finale, John Goodman will be back.
- Darren "Dutch" Daulton, the catcher who played a crucial role on the Philadelphia Phillies' 1993 World Series team, died on Sunday at the age of 55 after a lengthy battle with brain cancer.
- Aaron Carter, the brother of Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter, has come out as bisexual.
- Boeing has won a contract to build two 747s that will be used as the future Air Force One.
- "So You Think You Can Dance" winner Joshua Allen has been sentenced to a year in jail on domestic violence charges.
- A town in Iowa held a special election and of the 70 registered voters in town, NONE bothered to vote.
- A study says pet dogs and cats are adding to the cause of global warming.
- Half of the candidates for mayor in the city of Detroit are convicted felons.
- Maine is raising the legal age to buy cigarettes to 21.
- Oprah Winfrey says "I can't accept myself" being over 200 pounds.
- YouTube gets 4.1 million views every minute.
- Serena Williams and her friends enjoyed a 50's Themed Baby Shower over the weekend, with Bobby Sox and saddle shoes.
- Two Chinese visitors to Germany found out the hard way that it's illegal to make the Nazi salute in public.
- L'Oreal is predicting that soon, there will be male cosmetics counters popping up in stores.
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Oh No Thanks - I'm Off Bread! Turns out we humans have been eating bread a really long time - at least 4,000 years even before farming ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...