- Hillary Clinton will go on a 15-city tour this fall to promote her book, "What Happened," with the most expensive seats in the house going for $1200.
- The University of Maryland's marching band will no longer play "Maryland, My Maryland," the official state song of Maryland, at school sporting events because of its ties to the Confederacy.
- California is going to start allowing people to put an X where their ID's call for gender.
- A new study says that lack of sleep causes people to make risky decisions.
- Worth noting that the Anheuser-Busch Brewery put beer production on hold this week so that they could can safe drinking water to distribute to flooding victims affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- Matthew Stafford has signed a new contract with the Detroit Lions and has become the NFL's highest-paid player. His 5-year deal turns into $27 million a year.
- Selena Gomez's phone was hacked and someone found nude pictures of Justin Bieber on it.
- Because of Harvey, the Houston Astros home games against the Texas Rangers are being moved to Tampa Bay's Tropicana stadium.
- Ryen Russillo has been suspended and won't return to ESPN Radio until September 5th after allegedly getting drunk and entering a stranger's bedroom in Jackson, Wyoming.
- Kevin Hart is calling out his celebrity friends to give big for the hurricane relief efforts. He ponied up $50,000. His first friend to respond, Chris Brown, donated $100,000 to the efforts.
- Kathy Griffin says she and Anderson Cooper are no longer friends, regardless of what he says.
- Among the Texas headlines: up to 20 more inches of rain could fall in the flooded areas... over 300 crocodiles could escape from the Gator Country attraction in Beaumont if the waters keep rising... and yes, there have been looters.
- Mark Zuckerberg and his wife welcomed their second daughter into the world on Monday.
- A dry cleaner in Oregon has posted a sign that if you support President Trump, then they don't want you as a customer.
Wednesday, August 30, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...