- Glyphosate, an herbicide and the active ingredient in Monsanto Co's (MON.N) popular Roundup weed killer, will be added to California's list of chemicals known to cause cancer effective July 7.
- Megyn Kelly's Sunday Night Show took another dip in the ratings this week. It's been getting lower each week. This past Sunday, a rerun of "America's Funniest Home Videos" had more viewers.
- AAA says that 37.5 million Americans will hit the road this long holiday weekend.
- The New Mexico Department of Health has confirmed two more human cases of the plague. Yes, the same disease that killed millions in Europe centuries ago.
- China's challenge to Samsung and Apple is becoming available in the U.S. -- the OnePlus5 that comes with a starting price tag of $479 for a 64GB model.
- It's not just us. Now, a veterinarian is claiming that one in three pets that he sees is overweight or obese.
- Charlie Sheen is auctioning off Babe Ruth's 1927 World Series ring.
- Latest Hollywood couple to emerge: Sienna Miller and Brad Pitt.
- Now Oscar Mayer has a flying counterpart to its Wienermobiles -- the Wiener-Drone!
- A bride and groom in Wisconsin got a surprise when Rascal Flatts stopped by their wedding reception and performed their hit, "Bless the Broken Road" for newlyweds Sara and Brandon McInnis' first song.
- A woman in China claims to be the oldest living person in the world and supposedly turns 131 this week.
- Serena Williams is nude, pregnant and on the cover of Vanity Fair.
- Amazon Prime Day has been set for July 11th. You have been warned.
- The 75-year-old "Queen of Soul," Aretha Franklin, has canceled a concert this week in Toronto due to health concerns.
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
In 1922 WSB in Atlanta is the first radio station to feature country music. In 1930 WEAF in New York broadcasts the first opera directly f...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...