- Sarah Palin is suing the New York Times for defamation of character.
- Seattle remains the hottest real estate market in the country. House prices have gone up 12.9% over the past year.
- Australian supermodel Miranda Kerr has turned over jewelry worth $8.1 million to the U.S. Department of Justice that she received from an ex-boyfriend, Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho, in 2014.
- President Trump held his first re-election campaign fundraiser last night in Washington, DC, at one of his hotels.
- The San Luis Obispo home of Big Bang Theory star Johnny Galecki has been destroyed by a wildfire.
- A new strain of ransomware named Petya has begun attacking companies in Europe and North America.
- Facebook has hit 2 billion users.
- Homeless shelters in Chicago will start serving Starbucks coffee with meals.
- J-Lo and Alex Rodriguez continue to be inseparable. They spent last weekend in the Hamptons with her kids.
- Pandora is shutting down in Australia and New Zealand.
- Shakira has announced dates for her first world tour in six years.
- Michael Nyqvist, the Swedish actor known to American audiences for his roles in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and John Wick, has died at 56. Lung cancer.
- The New York Knicks and Phil Jackson parted ways yesterday.
- So, if everything goes as hoped, "American Idol" will return to ABC with Ryan Seacrest as host and Katy Perry, Lionel Ritchie and Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue as judges.
- Donal Logue -- who you may know as Detective Harvey Bullock on "Gotham" -- has put out an all-call for his 16-year-old son, who went missing in New York on Monday.
- A Czech nuclear power station is in hot water after it used a bikini contest to hire potential interns.
- Michael Bond, the author of the books about much-adored children's character Paddington Bear, has died. He was 91.
- In South Carolina, a new mom is really glad her labor is over. Her new baby boy weighed in at 14-pounds 4-ounces.
- The body of a woman was found in an Oklahoma Wal-Mart. The door had been locked for days and everyone just assumed it was out of order.
- Jim Carrey is facing a wrongful death lawsuit, as the family of his ex- girlfriend blame him for the prescription pill overdose that killed her.
Thursday, June 29, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Okay, so you're not Helen of Troy, Cleopatra, Marilyn Monroe, or some other great sex goddess of the past or present -- but you'd st...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...