- Sears says it's going to close another 28 K-Mart stores.
- The winning ticket for Wednesday's $758.7-million jackpot was sold in Watertown, Massachusetts.
- Jay Thomas, an actor famous for his roles on "Cheers" and "Murphy Brown", lost his battle with cancer yesterday. He was 69.
- Yes, that was Selena Gomez and The Weeknd doing a Disneyland date night earlier this week.
- On September 9th in Austin, Texas, they're going to have a clown-only showing of the new movie, "It", based on the Stephen King novel.
- A study says 69% of parents are reluctant to talk about money with their children.
- "Married At First Sight" stars Cody Knapek and Danielle DeGroot are calling it quits after a year of marriage.
- A new Lamborghini phone can be yours if you're willing to part with $2,450.
- Don't ask James Cameron about the movie, 'Wonder Woman'. He felt it was a step backwards. For details, ask him.
- Demi Lovato has announced that her new album is coming out September 29th, the same day as Miley Cyrus' new album.
- The Burning Man festival begins Sunday in the Nevada desert. That's also the day of the Game of Thrones season finale.
- And the MTV Video Music Awards are this Sunday night. The rumor people keep passing around is that Taylor Swift and Katie Perry will end their public feud by singing a duet together.
- You can now pre-order the Samsung Note 8, should you want or need one.
- ESPN has pulled broadcaster Robert Lee off an assignment to call an upcoming University of Virginia football game -- because of the similarity between his name and that of Confederate general Robert E. Lee.
- It's now Hurricane Harvey and its approaching Texas. It could dump as much as 30-inches of rain. Yikes!
- A dad has invented a new app that freezes a teens cell phone if they don't respond to your text in a timely fashion. It's called ReplyASAP.
- In England, a farmer thanked firefighters who rescued a litter of piglets and two sows from a barn fire in February by giving them sausages made out of the animals.
- A new study claims that your face tells people whether you're rich or poor.
- 10% of Brits agreed that eating from a dog bowl is OK. For whatever reason.
Friday, August 25, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Governor’s Office of Highway Safety grant boosts ADOT crash-data gathering Grant helps data collection and management
PHOENIX – A grant from the Arizona Governor’s Office of Highway Safety is helping the Arizona Department of Transportation collect fuller an...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...