- Robert Hardy, who played Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge in the Harry Potter movies, has died at 91.
- So, there are actually two seasons of Will and Grace locked in. This upcoming 16-episode season, followed by a 13-episode season next year.
- ABC was going to a live version of the musical, "The Little Mermaid" in October, but that has been quietly scrapped.
- Nike re-released the Air Max shoes on Friday, two decades after they were first unveiled.
- The world's best-selling beer: it's a Chinese beer, called 'Snow.'
- Former FBI Director James Comey has inked a book deal.
- Dunkin' Donuts is experimenting with a new name in California, calling it just Dunkin'.
- 65-year-old Tom Wopat, the actor who played Luke Duke in the 1980s television show "The Dukes of Hazzard" is facing indecent assault and battery and drug charges in Massachusetts.
- ABC says the ninth season of "The Middle" will be its last.
- 21% of U.S. broadband households use wellness, fitness, or diet apps.
- Alex Rodriguez says the secret of success and happiness is to "stop being a jerk."
- A survey says young Instagrammars use the app 32 minutes a day.
- Scientists say with the Moon moving farther away, the last solar eclipse visible on Earth will be in 600 million years.
- Driverless bus service has been launched in Estonia.
- Donald Trump was slated to star in the third installment of the "Sharknado" movie series... until he decided to run for president.
- Shaquille O'Neal says he blames God for his bad free-throw shooting, as a way of keeping him humble.
- An Alabama Islamic organization is asking for an investigation after a Muslim family said a McDonald's purposefully served them bacon.
- Daimler plans to test an automated (no pilot) air taxi called the Volocopter later this year in Dubai.
- Norman Lear, the 95-year-old TV legend who created the bigoted Archie Bunker for 1970s sitcom All in the Family, is boycotting the Kennedy Center Honors-rather than receive the lifetime achievement award from President Donald Trump.
- West Virginia's Governor Jim Justice is switching... from being a Democrat to becoming a Republican.
- Someone leaked the latest episode of Game of Thrones online last week.
Monday, August 7, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Traffic restrictions scheduled at I-17 and Indian School Road this weekend as project to install wrong-way vehicle detection system kicks off
The first traffic restrictions required for the installation of a first-in-the nation pilot wrong-way vehicle detection and warning system a...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...