ON THIS DAY
- Obviously, he didn't have a very good lawyer.
- He always was conscious about saving the empire tax money.
- Just think, if they only had better suicide prevention measures back in those days, he could have lived to be killed.
- Boy, I guess he showed them! Wait a minute.
In 1704, 25 pirates were sentenced to hang in Boston; this after shutting out the Red Sox, 17-0, earlier that day.
On this date in 1860, the very first dime novel was published. It was titled "Malaeska: The Indian Wife of the White Hunter." It's a pretty safe bet that will never be turned into a movie.
In 1870, Charles Dickens died. For him, it was the worst of times.
On this date in 1931, Goddard walked into the patent office with the designed for a rocket-fueled aircraft design. Yes, that was a rocket in his pants and he was happy to see them.
Walt Disney's Donald Duck debuted in the cartoon "The Wise Little Hen" on June 9, 1934 making today his 83rd birthday. His first appearance in comics was in the comics adaptation of that the same year in the Silly Symphonies comic series. For the record, Donald's is still mad that one of his nephews' Little League games cost him the AFLAC gig.
- Time to play "Name That Donald." All answers have Don, Donny or Donald in them.
- This "Donald" lives in Duckville with newphews Huey, Dewey and Louie. (Donald Duck)
- This "Donald" played "Barney Fife" on the "Andy Griffith Show?" (Don Knotts)
- This "Donald" is the boxing promoter with the crown like hair? (Don King)
- This "Donald" was a "great lover" and was played by Johnny Depp in the movies? (Don Juan)
- This "Donald" played "Sonny Crockett" on "Miami Vice?" (Don Johnson)
- This "Donald" is a stand-up comic known for calling people "Hockey Puck?" (He also was the voice of "Mr. Potato Head" in "The Toy Story") (Don Rickles)
- This "Donald" is "a little bit Rock N' Roll" and his sister "Marie" is "A little bit Country?" (Donny Osmond)
Natalie Portman turns 36 today, but can act any age. She's good. Yes, it should be a holiday. Unless of course, she imagines that someone else wants her birthday and is out to get her. Doesn't it seem like she should be at least 50? She's been around forever.
Johnny Depp turns 54 today. Imagine how expensive that birthday party is going to be.
- One for each bottle of rum he consumed while making the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
- Good excuse to dress up like Jack Sparrow and shiver his timbers.
- I know several women who take off the Johnny Depp birthday holiday.
- He's calmed down now, but he was quite wild in his younger days. Back then, he wasn't afraid to run with Scissor hands.
Michael J. Fox hits 56 today. He and the doc plan to travel back to before he agreed to do that television show and try to prevent it.
Sportscaster Dick Vitale is 78 baby!
The amazing Dick Orkin turns 84 today. Chickenman, for those who remember.
It's Profess Your Love Day --