- Interesting development -- in London, the city Transit Office says it's not going to renew Uber's license to operate there.
- Justin Trudeau's choice in socks sparked a light-hearted Twitter competition between the stars of "Star Wars" and S"tar Trek" after the Canadian Prime Minister sported Chewbacca hosiery during appearances in New York City last week.
- A semi-truck carrying 40,000-pounds of vodka overturned in North Carolina.
- If you're not into Pumpkin Spice, maybe you'll enjoy Starbuck's just-added new flavor: a Maple Pecan Latte.
- Former U.S. President Bill Clinton's debut novel -- "The President Is Missing," co-authored with prolific thriller writer James Patterson -- will not hit shelves for almost a year, will be adapted into a Showtime series.
- Data shows that Amazon's price cuts at Whole Foods resulted in an increase of 25% more shoppers.
- K.J. Apa, 20, who plays Archie in "Riverdale," apparently fell asleep while driving home after a 16-hour work day and crashed his car. He's fine, but the cast is expressing concern about those long days. The show is being shot up in Vancouver, BC.
- A big step for BYU. For the first time in school history, caffeinated sodas like Coke and Pepsi are being made available on campus. But still no coffee.
- A 4-year-old Florida girl died after accidentally pulling the trigger of a gun in her grandmother's purse she was looking for candy.
- Yesterday, Tesla's vehicle lineup got smaller by one as it discontinued its cheapest Model S option, the Model S 75.
- Audrina Patridge of "The Hills" filed for divorce last week after a little more than a year of marriage with Corey Bohan. People magazine has suggested domestic violence as the reason. She's obtained a restraining order.
- A report says damage to Puerto Rico from Hurricane Maria could top $30 billion.
- It's now official -- this summer was the warmest and driest summer in Seattle's recorded history.
- Microsoft has announced the completion of their Marea Trans-Atlantic Cable project, which connected a huge data cable between the U.S. and Spain. 10.2-million pounds of cable dropped.
- Cher says she keeps her costumes in a special, temperature-controlled unit to preserve them.
- The NFL is reportedly considering sending the Chargers back to San Diego.
- There was a home in Florida that was spared by Hurricane Irma... but last week, was swallowed by a sinkhole.
- Hillary Clinton's new book "What Happened" has already sold 300,000 copies.
- In a speech, Bill Gates apologized to Microsoft users for Control-Alt-Delete to start windows instead of having a separate button.
Monday, September 25, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Union Hills Drive underpass closed at I-17 this weekend for work on wrong-way vehicle detection project
Union Hills Drive will be closed in both directions at Interstate 17 for part of this weekend as crews continue to install a pilot wrong-way...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...