FACTS TO INSTANTLY SWING YOUR MOOD
- The price of solar energy is more affordable. Panels cost 70 percent less than they did in 2010.
- A record 5,234 craft breweries are making suds nationwide, with more popping up all the time.
- Globally, wild tiger numbers are on the rise, from 3,200 in 2010 to 3.890 roaming the earth today.
- Proceeds from the Ice Bucket Challenge have led to the discovery of a gene that contributes to ALS.
- Off the endangered species list? The giant panda. Tune in: https://nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams/panda-cam
- One of the world's healthiest foods is a bargain: Eggs are cheaper now than they've been in decades.
- In the United States, smoking has declined from 42 percent in 1965 to just 17 percent in 2014.
- In Nevada, it's now illegal to drive under the speed limit in the left lane on the highway.