- Most people had the same comment after viewing them: "Man, my neck hurts!"
- Critics described them as "beautiful, but hard on the neck!"
- He noticed the crowd was a little upset, when he finally yelled out, "Hey, uh, everybody... Looka up!"
- That's also when the head priest said, "You heard me say ceiling? No, I was asking for a painting about sailing!"
On this date in 1611, William Shakespeare's play The Tempest was performed for the first time, at Whitehall Palace in London. However, he had better luck with the sequel to the Tempest, The Full Time-est.
In the year 1800, John Adams became the first president to live in the White House. For fun, whenever his kids got in trouble, he'd take them into the Oval Office and tell them to stand in the corner.
- This, after asking, "Do you have it in any other colors?"
- He really wasn't fond of white, but it was the only color they had and it came with the job.
- So, of all the presidents we've had, Adams was the only one who received a fruit basket from the Welcome Wagon.
On this date in 1870, the U.S. weather bureau made their first observation. The forecast: it may rain or not.
In 1913, during the Notre Dame/Army football game, the forward pass was used for the very first time. Since then, of course, there have been more passes in football than former Preisdent Bill Clinton at a Flight Attendants' convention.
On this date in 1914, 19-year-old Mary Jacob invented the modern soft bra... replacing the very unpopular cast iron model. Cross my heart and hope to die!
In 1963, Whamo patented the Frisbee. Yes, the inventor just went down to the patent office and Whamo: he had a patent.
Today is "All Saints Day," a big day in New Orleans for the players other than Drew Brees.
November has arrived! Turn back the clocks this coming weekend.
Actress/TV host Jenny McCarthy turns 45 today. It will be much shorter if we just say what she hasn't done. She owes half her career to the late Hugh Hefner and the other half to the invention of silicone.
Singer Sophie B. Hawkins turns 53 today. I'm assuming she uses her middle initial so we don't confuse her with Sophie A. Hawkins.
Big Kenny of the country duo Big and Rich turns 54 today. That's big.
Lyle Lovett hits the big 6-0 today. Every time I look at him, I think to myself, "Really? He was once married to Julia Roberts for almost two years?" Of the 60 years Lyle has been around, those were the two that aged him the most.
Hustler publisher Larry Flynt turns 75 today. No idea how.
National Brush Day -- If you only brush your teeth once a year, this would be the day. Then again, if you only brush once a year, you probably don't have any teeth.
All Saints Day -- Since 1983, there has been a 50% decline in the number of miracles required for you to become a saint.