Critics called it "sheepish."
- A big score for technology, zero points for originality.
- I won't tell you how it ends, in case you plan to read the book.
- I believe the full version was, "When Mary had a little lamb, the doctor was surprised... but when Old McDonald had a farm, the doctor nearly died."
The very first Army-Navy game was played on this date in 1890. The Navy won, 24-0. Of course, being the Navy, they were the only ones that used subs. The following year the game was moved to land.
On this date in 1897, motorcycle races were held on an oval track for the very first time. They proved to be much faster than the popular triangle track.
In 1922, King Tut's Tomb was opened. Time to play "Know Your King!" The following words describe an answer that contains the word "King." Ready, let's play.
- Civil Rights Leader (Martin Luther King Jr.)
- The third movie in a trilogy (Lord of The Rings: Return Of The King)
- Michael Jackson nickname (King of Pop)
- Fast food franchise (Burger King)
- Horror novelist (Stephen King)
- Blues guitarist (B.B. King)
- Elvis Presley nickname (The King)
- Version of the Bible (King James)
- Yul Brenner movie (The King and I)
- Disney movie turned stage play (Lion King)
- CNN interview host (Larry King)
- Animated TV Show on Fox (King Of The Hill)
- TV sit-com on CBS (King Of Queens)
- Her big album was "Tapestry" (Carole King)
- He made off with Fay Ray (King Kong)
- Distributor of TV programming, including "Wheel of Fortune" (King World)
- Character from Shakespere play (King Lear)
- Had the knights of the round table (King Arthur)
On this date in 1934, the Chicago beats Detroit in the first nationally broadcast NFL game. Chicago's defense was amazing and, with the victory, Chicago became known as the Win-D city.
It was on this date in 1951 that the United States conducted their first underground atomic explosion at Frenchman Flat, Nevada. At first, they tried blaming a real big dog.
On this date in 1962 that "Enos" the chimp orbited the earth twice, despite warnings from moms everywhere not to monkey around the earth.
Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson turns 29 today. You know, you try to give him his birthday spankings and he just always gets away.
The Game turns 38 today. Tonight's the night he briefly changes his name to Wild Game.
Anna Faris is 41... and single. She was in all those "Scary Movie" movies, if that isn't being redundant. Not many people know she was named after Faris, Prance.
Apl.de.Ap of the Black Eyed Peas turns 43 today. If you're looking for gift ideas, a couple of vowels and a few more consonants for his name would be nice.
Brian Baumgartner, who played Kevin in "The Office" turns 45 today. There will be a brief two-minute gathering in the conference room. Bring your own cake.
Don Cheadle turns 53 today. Whatever celebration he has planned, I'm sure it will be cool.
Howie Mandel ("Deal or No Deal," "What Would You Do?") turns 62 today. I'm not getting him a present this year. He's never used the comb or shampoo I got him last year.
Chuck Mangione turns 77 today. His big pop hit was "Feels So Good." His latest song is called, "Not So Much Anymore."
David Reuben, who wrote the book, "Everything you've ever wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask" turns 84 today. As far as how he's doing these days? We were afraid to ask.
Retired baseball broadcasting legend Vin Scully turns the big 9-0 today. I can still hear Vin calling Sandy Koufax's perfect game against the Cubs.
- Chocolate-Covered Nuts -- You're the mainstay of your family, always there to support your loved ones. And they know that you can be depended on to solve most any problem.
- Caramel Center -- You're the Peter Pan in your circle of loved ones -- beneath your adult shell beats the heart of a youngster. Your genuine enjoyment of everything life has to offer is contagious.
- Creme-Filled -- You take pride in an old-fashioned lifestyle that's a mirror of your parents values. Both pals and relatives gravitate to your home -- the warmth and laughter found there are irresistible.
- Dipped Fruit -- Some may see you as kooky, but you know the truth is that you're a genuine original. You swim against the tide of trendy thought, and others appreciate your creative views.
- Truffles -- You believe you and yours deserve only the best, and you work hard to provide for your family. Your generosity of spirit isn't limited to your loved ones. You're also a champion of volunteerism in your community.
And get this: Eating milk chocolate can improve your brain activity, according to a recent study from Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia. Led by Dr. Bryan Raudenbush, the researchers found that milk chocolate had a positive impact on memory, attention span and reaction time.