- Use the bedroom for sex and sleep, only. Don't surf the Internet or balance your checkbook there or read a book on a backlit device.
- If you can't fall asleep after 15 minutes or so, get up and do something relaxing. Don't lie there and become frustrated.
- Avoid any brain-stimulating activity before going to sleep.
- Don't eat heavy or spicy meals, which might cause heartburn or discomfort. Don't go to bed hungry or too full.
- Turn clocks away from you to avoid checking the time at night.
- Develop a relaxing ritual at bedtime, such as reading a calming book.
- Share any nightly care-giving duties with a partner, if possible.
- Avoid taking naps during the day or early evening. If you must rest, limit your catnap to 15 to 45 minutes.
- Get lots of stimulating exercise, but not before bed.
- Try to go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
- Take a warm bath or drink a hot nonalcoholic beverage before bed.
- Limit caffeine. If the insomnia is severe, avoid caffeine after lunch.
- If you are taking medications, your insomnia may be medical. You need to be evaluated by a medical practitioner or sleep specialist.
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
WAYS TO END SLEEPLESS NIGHTS
Here are 13 ways to end sleepless nights:
Buh-Bye Kraft American Singles Kraft American Singles have been a staple in US kitchens for decades, but may not be for much longer. It seem...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...