WHAT'S IN YOUR SHEETS?
- Dead skin cells -- Your body sheds about a million skin cells a day, so some of those are bound to come off when you sleep. Unfortunately, dead skin cells are a tasty snack for dust mites.
- Oils -- Your body secretes natural oils as you sleep, which, of course, end up on your bed sheets.
- Sweat -- If you get too hot during the night, your body will sweat to cool off.
- Bodily fluids -- Saliva, blood, urine, fecal matter and bodily fluids from sex are all liable to show up on your bed sheets.
- Food crumbs -- If you like to bring that midnight snack to bed, there's probably crumbs and other food particles that are begging to be eaten by bugs.